PDA

View Full Version : Qeustion about my mower

stew6371
04-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Why does my mower cut better when I pull it back than it does when I push it? It has a new blade.

justin_time
04-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Why does my mower cut better when I pull it back than it does when I push it? It has a new blade.

It could be that you put the blade upside down lol

jklawncare
04-22-2010, 09:50 PM
yeah that might be an issue..ahaha

bruces
04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
turn your handle around so its pointing in the opposite direction .

stew6371
04-23-2010, 05:42 AM
It could be that you put the blade upside down lol

I didn't think it would take long for that suggestion, but it is on correctly. I dont know, I bought a cheap blade($18) from walmart. That could be the problem.

justin_time
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
I didn't think it would take long for that suggestion, but it is on correctly. I dont know, I bought a cheap blade($18) from walmart. That could be the problem.

Unless your mower shaft is bent. I was trying to find a solution and sometimes people put their blades on the wrong side

SuperiorPower
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM

That sounds like an expensive blade however, to me, the quality is possibly a question.

Here are some things to check for:

-Do you have the correct specific blade?
-Is the bottom of the deck clean and free of excessive grass deposits?
-Is the deck adjusted correctly (front and back same adjustment)?
-Is there any damage to the baffles?
-Are either of the baffles missing?

stew6371
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=SuperiorPower;70652]That sounds like an expensive blade however, to me, the quality is possibly a question.

Here are some things to check for:

-Do you have the correct specific blade? yes
-Is the bottom of the deck clean and free of excessive grass deposits? yes
-Is the deck adjusted correctly (front and back same adjustment)? yes
-Is there any damage to the baffles? I dont know what these are
-Are either of the baffles missing? I dont know

SuperiorPower
04-24-2010, 02:15 AM
The baffles are the metal pieces that are around the blades. look at this photo.

http://www.scag.com/images/VDeckunderside475.jpg

stew6371
04-24-2010, 06:43 AM
My mower doesnt appear to have them. Its a 21" push mower. I dont see where anything is missing.

SuperiorPower
04-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Most all push mowers have a baffle in the front and one in the back. This is partially to keep the grass from the wheel bolts, etc. It usually is very close to the blade which also helps with vacuum and other aerodynamic issues under the deck. Baffles should also help with discharging grass the way it was intended.

If nothing else, take a photo of the underneath of the deck and maybe that will help me.

Thanks,
Eli