PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

gonecountry
04-21-2010, 05:45 AM
hey everyone,
this is my second year coming into the lawncare business. only had a handful of clients last year but this year, I hope to get 10 plus. If you have any advice, please share some!

Steve
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business?

What things do you feel you learned this year so far that you wish you knew when you got started?

gonecountry
04-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you to start your lawn care business?

What things do you feel you learned this year so far that you wish you knew when you got started?

Thank you for the welcome. I got started wanting to be my own boss and got tired of working for crap pay. The thing I taught myself on the most this year, is how to bid a little better for work. I underbid myself alot when I first got started and now I have a little table that I go by for square footage that helps me price alittle better.

JP Landscaping
04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
my advice: Let everyone you know you are in the lawn care business. Also, go door to door asking people if they would like a free estimate for lawn care while you are there.

Steve
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
The thing I taught myself on the most this year, is how to bid a little better for work. I underbid myself alot when I first got started and now I have a little table that I go by for square footage that helps me price alittle better.

This is fascinating!

When you look back at how you were bidding, why do you feel you were bidding too low? What led to that? Was it you weren't sure of the time it would take to do the job? You didn't know what your expenses were?

Now, how do you go about figuring out the square footage of the property?