PDA

View Full Version : Argument

CHEESE2009
04-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Alright, so my garden weeder & I just had a little argument.

Apparently she agreed to take on a job I was unaware of, one of her friends.

This friend lives OUT OF OUR SERVICE AREA.

My garden weeder wants to borrow my equipment, & go out there to bid & complete the job.

I yelled at her.

1. How do you plan on pricing this job?

2. What if it rains during the job?

3. What if your FRIEND doesn't want to pay for what you charged?

4. What if my tools get lost?

5. What if this job takes you more than a day? You can only receive payment once the job is completed, & you will never finish because I have you on schedule to work!

Taking on this job is jeopardizing the business, you should cancel this job immediately & do the work you are assigned for, there is plenty of it!

6. What if the job is only going to take you an hour? Is what you are going to charge really worth going that far for?

7. You say this is a friend, can you really imagine yourself maintaining a garden as your friend sits in her house all day?

8. What if you friend wants a discount by helping you with the work? Is the job still worth doing & traveling to?

9. What if your friend spreads bad word of mouth about the company, by you being unorganized, underbidding jobs & not doing them right?

Do not wear the uniform, do not do this job under the company name.

I do not want phone calls from this area.

10. What are you going to do with the debris, weeds, etc? Is there a discount for leaving bags of debris with the customer vs taking them away?

************-

This conversation was an entire hour long, the crap she said to me made me want to pull my hair out.

So frustrating, they just don't understand!!!!

I hung up & she called back, I told her "SURE, go and do this job & maybe you will learn something & finally be able to see eye to eye with me. If anything is lost, it's out of your pay. BY THE WAY, you had work tomorrow, would have been nice to give me a heads up, sleep well.:mad:"

I was about to fire her earlier today over her hinting to this crap. Though she is irreplaceable. She is efficient, but a P.I.T.A from time to time.

I hope it rains when she gets 1/4th through her friends garden, & her friend refuses to pay her until the job is finished. As she's stuck there covered in wet mud only to take a long arse ride back home.

I'll be smiling, laughing & shouting at the top of my lungs, "I TOLD YOU SO! RIGHT? YA!"

Steve
04-19-2010, 09:27 AM
These are all important topics to consider especially for newer lawn care business owners who just start taking on jobs.

Keep us posted on how all this turns out. I do wonder what she learns from this experience.

robgee05
02-05-2011, 09:40 AM
These are all important topics to consider especially for newer lawn care business owners who just start taking on jobs.

Keep us posted on how all this turns out. I do wonder what she learns from this experience.

Fine if he needs to earn extra cash. Tell him to buy his own stuff, you worked hard for it. Especially trying to use a company truck.GTFO Just figuring out how to come up with the equipment should be a learning lesson. I'm sure even at this stage in your business there is plenty of equipment you want to add, and the only way to get it is work for it(or jack a credit card up LOL).