PDA

View Full Version : Starting My Business

aduttonater
04-16-2010, 02:46 AM
I am a great marketer online. I've started getting little odd jobs here and there, and have actually made them my full time income. Now, I have hired a few people to help me complete jobs here and there. I use their truck and was using their tools until I got my own set. Next on my list of purchases is a truck of my own, but until then, I just need to keep posting ads and working jobs.

I have been eager to start my business as an LLC or Sole Proprietary business, but am not sure if this is a good choice or not at this time. I have only $1000 saved up, and like I said I want to get a truck, and do have living expenses.

Does anybody have any advice that can help me make a right decision?

Steve
04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Why not keep it simple at first and just be a sole proprietor. Do you really need a truck yet? Many members on here have started with a car and a mower in their trunk or on a trailer.

I am a great marketer online.

What kinds of things do you feel new lawn care business owners should be doing to improve their online marketing?

aduttonater
04-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Why not keep it simple at first and just be a sole proprietor. Do you really need a truck yet? Many members on here have started with a car and a mower in their trunk or on a trailer.

What kinds of things do you feel new lawn care business owners should be doing to improve their online marketing?

I need a truck bottom line. Already had a car for free estimates but it was hard to haul loaded bags in the back seat. I sold the car online.

Anybody who would like to improve their online presents should be posting ads locally through craigslist services labor/move as well as farm and garden section. Catch readers attention with a subject line of services that you offer, Leave your phone number, experience level, website, and phone number again. You can also check out the jobs general labor and labor gigs sections on craigslist. Many local people looking for workers will post job descriptions there, and leave either a phone number or email for you to contact them with your contact info.

Those are the two craigslist techniques that have helped me keep my business afloat through online marketing.

Steve
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
How important have you found social networking to be for promoting your business? Things like facebook, twitter or other ways?

aduttonater
04-21-2010, 10:59 PM
How important have you found social networking to be for promoting your business? Things like facebook, twitter or other ways?

Social Networking does not work. I have tried myspace and facebook unsuccessfully. I think it would be better off to advertise where people are trying to find your service and not just talk about it.

Steve
04-22-2010, 11:38 AM
What's your view on that though as to why it doesn't work? A lot of forum members spend a lot of time on such sites trying to build up a high level of friends in their area.

As you have experimented with it, whats your view on why the interactions online didn't translate into sales?