PDA

View Full Version : Another One of our Tractors

picframer
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Had a job to do this morning pulling stumps out, I would generally take the mini excavator and some 2 X 10's to drive on as the customer has a nice lawn, but it is a wet snow. cold rain and the only thing home was a 3520. I have to be honest in that I have very little seat time on this unit, the 2520 is my baby, generally my son likes and runs the 3000 series that we have.

Man the power this thing has and the air ride seat is really nice, I had forgot how much I like this unit, love has faded now that the job is done, back to the 2520 later today

She did a great job pulling the stumps, the hoe on this unit is either super smooth or I have way to much time running excavators and hoes as I was quite surprised.

XtreemGreen
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Nice tractor... the white house behind the pictures, you need to mention that they still have there Christmas lights up...

picframer
04-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Nice tractor... the white house behind the pictures, you need to mention that they still have there Christmas lights up...

If you were here I can take you to a few places that still have a Christmas Tree in the Living Room Window, has to be a fake tree or there would be no green left.....

I don't generally work in this area although it's within reasonable distance, this lady has been hounding me for weeks to cut trees, chip, install a drain and pull stumps so I took it on.

It's an area where you make darn sure everything is locked up as it won't be there when you return and I can't be bothered working in areas like this.

kdexpd
04-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Very nice outfit there Andy. You really must like the John Deere's. I would like to have a unit like that one, I bet it really comes in handy!

picframer
04-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Very nice outfit there Andy. You really must like the John Deere's. I would like to have a unit like that one, I bet it really comes in handy!

What I like the most is I never have issues with the tractors, dropped tracks on a couple of the excavators but Deere is always on site within the hour and it has always been my fault for not keeping them clean, when I need something it just happens, they treat me extremely well.

Steve
04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Andy,

It looks awesome! Is the 3000 series bigger than the 2000?

Are there ever any issues dealing with pulling out stumps? Do you need to be concerned about the roots wrapped around underground pipes or anything like that?

picframer
04-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Andy,

It looks awesome! Is the 3000 series bigger than the 2000?

Are there ever any issues dealing with pulling out stumps? Do you need to be concerned about the roots wrapped around underground pipes or anything like that?

Yes, the 3520 is the cream of the crop of the 3000 series and almost twice as big as the 2000 series. It's about the biggest we can take on a clients property but the power and features is amazing.

No issues pulling stumps, it all about understanding the tree and the root sustem, this tractor will pull a 24" stump if you know what you are doing, an excavator is faster yet this will do next to no damage.

I ask a lot of questions before we start pulling, I know what to ask and what to stay away from, never had an issue yet.

SuperiorPower
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
If I ever get an extra $1,500 ( :D ) I would like to buy an outfit like that. Seriously, that is a nice outfit. Nice tractor, attachments, and trailer too. I am sure you are very proud of your equipment, as you well should be.

picframer
04-17-2010, 04:15 AM
If I ever get an extra $1,500 ( :D ) I would like to buy an outfit like that. Seriously, that is a nice outfit. Nice tractor, attachments, and trailer too. I am sure you are very proud of your equipment, as you well should be.

These tractors are so much fun, a workhorse is an understatement and I never have problems with them. I wish I could say that about these new Bearcat chippers, when they work they are amazing but man they are really putting my patience to the challenge, one has 41 hours and has been in the shop 9 times, Kubota diesel engines, last week was the fuel pump, the other has close to 250 hours and has been in 6 times.

Steve
04-17-2010, 07:34 AM
they are really putting my patience to the challenge, one has 41 hours and has been in the shop 9 times,

Andy,

It does make me wonder if those engines are just poorly designed or something.

picframer
04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Andy,

I bought Bearcat as they are made in the USA, I have had nothing but issues and these things are $21,000 each, not impressed at all.

mzlawncare
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Andy,

The kubota engines are the best out there(my opinion). It might be the chipper Steve.

picframer
04-18-2010, 01:56 PM
The kubota engines are the best out there(my opinion). It might be the chipper Steve.

I have had three Kubota diesel engines in chippers, problems with every friggin one, I have 7 John Deere tractors with Diesel engines, never had an issue with one of them yet. The Jubota dealer here in the city is pretty much useless which has left a real bad taste in my mouth on their products.

SuperiorPower
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM

For the most part, I concur. I am not sure I would say they are the complete best but, as a whole, Kubota diesels are some of the best. The quality of the machines they are installed on may be a completely different issue though.

Andy,

I understand what you mean. An engine is only as good to you as the service behind it. I have seen some really crappy service from both the STIHL and John DEERE dealers here in my area. Yet, I know that it is not necessarily representative of the service that is available at some of the other dealers. For example, I have seen some VERY shoddy work come out of the STIHL dealership here in town. Yet, I know other STIHL dealers that would never let work like this leave their shop. Again, an engine is only as good to YOU as the support network available to you...

picframer
04-19-2010, 05:24 AM
For the most part, I concur. I am not sure I would say they are the complete best but, as a whole, Kubota diesels are some of the best. The quality of the machines they are installed on may be a completely different issue though.

Andy,

I understand what you mean. An engine is only as good to you as the service behind it. I have seen some really crappy service from both the STIHL and John DEERE dealers here in my area. Yet, I know that it is not necessarily representative of the service that is available at some of the other dealers. For example, I have seen some VERY shoddy work come out of the STIHL dealership here in town. Yet, I know other STIHL dealers that would never let work like this leave their shop. Again, an engine is only as good to YOU as the support network available to you...

Very true, the issues I have been having are very poor quality control at the manufacturing level, one unit in just 45 hours has been in the shop 9 times, this costs me $650.00 a day plus I have to bounce staff around. They have replaced relays, glow plugs, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps and the list goes on. Not one was due to abuse just poor quality. I had Kubota generators at four security monitoring stations years ago, we had constant issues and in that business there is no room for any brakedowns, we switched to Isuzu diesels and never had an issue again.

I know Kubota has been around a long time and they make good equipment, it just seems in my case every time I buy something I have problems.

SuperiorPower
04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
So, Andy, I may have a wrong opinion of Kubota. Glow plugs, and the other things you mentioned, should not be going out yet. Perhaps they are crappier than I thought. It is feasible to expect an occasional problem but not constant and repeated problems. It is completely uncalled for.