View Full Version : business names & services

stew6371
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Tell me what you think:
A-1 LAWN SERVICE - A-1 LAWN and LANDSCAPE SERVICE
QUALITY LAWN SERVICE - QUALITY LAWN and LANDSCAPE SERVICE

I plan to offer packages

1) Basic service includes:
mowing, trimming, edging, & blowing off.
2) Premiem service includes:
basic service, hedge trimming(as needed), keep weeds & grass out flowerbeds, keep mulch turned & smoothed out.
3) Platinum service includes:
premiem service, fertlizing, aerating, dethatching, weed & insect control on flowerbeds and/or lawn.
4) Landscaping service includes:
platinum service minus basic service. For those who want to mow their own lawn, but don't want to do the extras themselves.
5) Lawncare service includes:
ferilizing, aerating, dethatching, and weed & insect control on lawn only. For those who want to mow their own lawn and either don't have flowerbeds or take care of their own beds.

Well what you all think. Am I biting off more than I can chew to start out?
I have to give credit to Xtreme Green. I got some ideas from his website.

Also, my mowing season generally is march thru october. Sometimes a few mowings in feb. and nov. I'm thinking of calculating a service agreement for the season and then dividing it by 12 equal payments. This way the customers bill is a little cheaper each month and I have income coming in every month. Good idea or no?

jklawncare
04-14-2010, 11:58 PM
i have 3 main packages
mow and blow
mow trim blow
and full service - mow trim edge blow
also i offer extras as special services
also
cusomers can create there own packages like
mow trim blow weekly and edge bi weekly as an example..works great

Steve
04-15-2010, 07:54 AM
That sounds good to me!

What steps will you be taking next?

stew6371
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM
That sounds good to me!

What steps will you be taking next?

Well I decided on A-1 LAWN SERVICE for a name. So now I will get my business license and insurance. I'm also trying to come up with a cool logo that stands out so I can order my flyers, truck magnets and yard signs. Then its go get some equipment and start advertising. Need to get some uniforms also. Would love to get a website up and running quick but that may have to wait a bit.

doug1980
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
One question is are you certified to apply herbicides/pesticides and fertilizer?

stew6371
04-15-2010, 09:44 PM
One question is are you certified to apply herbicides/pesticides and fertilizer?

Not yet. For fertilizer, I just have to pay $50 bucks and get a license. Herbicides/pesticides will require a test.

Steve
04-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Need to get some uniforms also.

I can't wait to see your logo and uniforms.

stew6371
04-18-2010, 01:35 AM
I can't wait to see your logo and uniforms.

This is what I have come up with for uniforms so far. I was thinking about original Dickies pants in hunter green to go with the shirts. Do you think hunter green pants would look ok with this shirt? Also, I think I decided on a different name.

stew6371
04-18-2010, 03:47 AM
My craigslist ad.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Good selection on the name. Now you won't be thought of as steak sauce. The only thing that looks funny to me is the phone number without the zip code. I don't know where you are located so that may not pose an issue. I am in a military town so I always use my area code because of all the people that are from out of town and have phones in other area codes.

Steve
04-19-2010, 12:24 AM
You really are on top of things! WOW this is gonna be a good year for you!