PDA

View Full Version : Getting a cell phone

justin_time
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Remember my tax return dilemna, well I got a cell phone dilemna. I want to get myself a cell phone with my money that I put aside.

The only thing, I am wondering is, if I can buy a phone right now, without activating it since I got to give my 30 day notice/warning to my other company that I am changing.

The phone I'm currently looking at is only $19.99 Yes, a Blackberry Curve with GPS Red only $19.99 lol

http://www.rogers.com/cms/images/en/Wireless/CellPhoneDetail/Banners/banner01_8310red2r.png

What should I do, wait or go buy it ? Can I do this without activating it ?

I guess i would have to call and find out !

XtreemGreen
04-14-2010, 08:38 PM
blackberry for $20? Theres gotta be a catch to it..

justin_time
04-14-2010, 08:50 PM
sign up for 3 years... I'd rather do that, since my other phone, can't even use it there's no service where I am lol

Rogers is selling some higher end Blackberry for $199.99

So this model is probably a previous version of the newer ones that's probably what i'm thinking

TeamDynamic
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't know about cell phones, but those gator blades are awesome! We use them on all our mowers. If you're bagging your clippings you can make more passes before you have to dump your bag. It also makes it so we don't have to double cut on slightly longer grass.

justin_time
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I don't know about cell phones, but those gator blades are awesome! We use them on all our mowers. If you're bagging your clippings you can make more passes before you have to dump your bag. It also makes it so we don't have to double cut on slightly longer grass.

Please keep it to the topic.. if you want to talk about gator blades.. go post that on the gator blade topic lol

XtreemGreen
04-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Just make sure its the phone u want and you read the fine print.3 years is a long contract... goto howardforums.com and do a search for that model.. that site is great on cell phones..

I have metro pcs and use this phone $250 and well worth it..

http://www.coolmags.net/gadgets/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/caliber.jpg

picframer
04-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Please keep it to the topic.. if you want to talk about gator blades.. go post that on the gator blade topic lol

Justin, the trackwheel (ball) on that model is garbage, I went through three phones last year, then one of the staff (I was with Rogers under a three year plan) also went to Rogers and he went with the Blackberry Bold 9700, anyhow I did an upgrade and have never looked back, I think it cost me $149.00 and I never have any issues.

A word of caution, for the GPS you need a data plan, be careful as it gets very expensive, we run Garmin GPS in every vehicle, my son has GPS on his IPhone and it's good but Garmin is a better unit for driving.

justin_time
04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Justin, the trackwheel (ball) on that model is garbage, I went through three phones last year, then one of the staff (I was with Rogers under a three year plan) also went to Rogers and he went with the Blackberry Bold 9700, anyhow I did an upgrade and have never looked back, I think it cost me $149.00 and I never have any issues.

A word of caution, for the GPS you need a data plan, be careful as it gets very expensive, we run Garmin GPS in every vehicle, my son has GPS on his IPhone and it's good but Garmin is a better unit for driving.

Thanks for the heads up. I will go find out what's the best Blackberry when time gets there. I also have to pay $220 for cancellation fee so i'm limited into what I can get

TeamDynamic
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM

Lol I thought I was still on the gator thread. Long day of work, guess I spaced out

justin_time
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Lol I thought I was still on the gator thread. Long day of work, guess I spaced out

It's all good, i was just buggin' ya lol But try to keep it on the same thread..

justin_time
05-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Woot ! Woot ! 4 weeks left until new phone or 22 days to be exact.

Can't wait !