PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge?

renecooke87
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
how do you cacluate how much to charge for a yard?

I have worked for 2 lawn care compaies before starting my own last year. One guy charged $80 per hour and the other charged $60 per hour. Most of my yards are about $45.

psparaco
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Steve's calculators he has provided on here are very useful and very close to what you should charge for a typical yard.

first use "How long will it take your mower to cut the lawn? Calculation Form" then once u have an idea of about how long it should take you. then use "Estimate your Lawn Care Bid. Calculation Form" and make sure to carry over the total time. I normally subtract out the travel time. also do not factor in how many are mowing. you use the total mow time as if 1 person was doing the work. i ballparked my estimates in the beginning and after using these calculator forms. i found i was very close. so i knew i was on the right track to estimating. hope this helps.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299

CHEESE2009
04-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I sell lemonade

My Expenses;

*Lemonade $5.00
*Cups $5.00
*Ice Cubes $free
*My table I use to advertise $20.00 (it wont last forever, ill need to replace it - or upgrade)
*My pay $10.00

How much should I sell my lemonade for?

I need to sell my lemonade at $5.00/glass & serve 8 customers in order to break even. I get paid, & money goes into needed supplies.

If I sold lemonade at $6.00/glass & served 8 people, the business would profit $8.00.

With this $8.00, I can afford to give myself a raise, or purchase straws, *upgrade* etc.

If I lowered my price, I would need MORE customers. Business becomes more tiring & not worth it.

BTW, I have had $5.00 lemonade.

A little girl was selling it last year at the end of her driveway.

I passed by 3 times during the day mowing. She made a killing! Even had a tip jar.

It was loaded with sugar, best lemonade EVER!

Steve
04-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I passed by 3 times during the day mowing. She made a killing! Even had a tip jar.

A tip jar? That is amazing! Genius! HAHAHAHAH Why not!

Hi renecooke87,

Did you check out the calculators? Did you find them to be helpful? Remember, it is very important to know your costs before you bid. You need to be able to cover them and then make a profit on top of that. Many new businesses have no idea what their costs are and because of that, they tend to fail. Don't let this happen to you.