PDA

View Full Version : website question

stew6371
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I have noticed alot of people advertise on their website length of time in the business. Any suggestions on something to say since I'm a new start up and dont have any business experience?

picframer
04-14-2010, 05:10 AM
I have noticed alot of people advertise on their website length of time in the business. Any suggestions on something to say since I'm a new start up and dont have any business experience?

Honestly, this is one of those times you probably don't want to say much or anything, if we advertise we are new with no business experience, it will be desperate hard to obtain business in an already tough market. when marketing put yourself in the clients shoes, for example would you hire a plumber that was new with no business experience to repair something in your home.

Steve
04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
That's a really good point.

With marketing you always want to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

Show off what you are good at and don't bring any attention to things you don't want to be discussed.

Does this help?

stew6371
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks. I didnt want to mention that I was a new startup. I know what you mean bout a tough market. The town I live in is full of lawncare guys. Most are like me, one man crew with a 21" mower. I need to find a way to set myself apart from the rest, which is why I plan on using Natures Lawn products and offer landscaping services as well. Hopefully this will bring in the customers. I'm gonna have four packages similar to xtreme green's packages.

picframer
04-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks. I didnt want to mention that I was a new startup. I know what you mean bout a tough market. The town I live in is full of lawncare guys. Most are like me, one man crew with a 21" mower. I need to find a way to set myself apart from the rest, which is why I plan on using Natures Lawn products and offer landscaping services as well. Hopefully this will bring in the customers. I'm gonna have four packages similar to xtreme green's packages.

There is big bucke in spraying, if your town is small, I wouldn't tell anyone where I get the products.

A great way I found to really grow the company, set yourself apart from the other is to ask clients what other services they might be interested in as you are looking to expand your business, if, say two people mention pressure washing, then ask other clients if they too would be interested, line up the business then buy the equipment.

Every moment you are on a property be looking for things that need done, might be gutters, hedges, rocks in the lawn, new mulch etc. Ask if they would be interested in a quote to............

stew6371
04-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks picframer. Very good advice. My town is not small, atleast not to me. About 150,000 people. I live in a major univertsity town. I'm also about 20 miles from a metropolis with over a million people. Might be small to some, but my town had 60,000 in it 20 yrs ago.