PDA

View Full Version : Why we use Gator Blades

picframer
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Came across this video

http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

justin_time
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Where can I get these blades ?

I have 16 1/4 blades for my zero turn and 21 inch blades for my tractor

swstout
04-13-2010, 09:34 PM

I get mine here
http://www.agrisupply.com/category.asp?c=2700008&bhcd2=1271208852

This is a fairly small area so I pretty much have to get them mail order.

Steve

justin_time
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I get mine here
http://www.agrisupply.com/category.asp?c=2700008&bhcd2=1271208852

This is a fairly small area so I pretty much have to get them mail order.

Steve

Thanks for your help but i'm trying to find something closer to home.

kdexpd
04-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Hey Justin
I get mine from any farm and home type store. Check your mower dealers too. Anyone who sells mowers will know about them and can either provide you another place close to get them or order them for you. The only drawback with gator blades is they are heavier and you may lose a tiny amount of power and they don't do well in thick, wet grass, but boy are they sure worth it when it comes to fall cleanups. They are God's gift when it comes to annihilating leaves!!

CHEESE2009
04-13-2010, 11:34 PM
That was so corny... but I want to try them, lol!

I understand what they do, sorta, but how?

We see a video of what happens in slow mow, the grass is finely cut up, but doesn't that have something to do with more than just blades? Or is it the angle of the blades? The cut grass is bounced upwards to be cut several times or what?

I don't have them, but my walk behind does the same thing.

Any other vids????

bruces
04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for your help but i'm trying to find something closer to home.

noelville rentals,leblancs two cycle shop,sudbury small engines,forest and lawn,sudbury boat and canoe ,I even think they sell them at crappy tire .Actually,they are made or distributed by same company as oregon chainsaw chains and bars .

justin_time
04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
noelville rentals,leblancs two cycle shop,sudbury small engines,forest and lawn,sudbury boat and canoe ,I even think they sell them at crappy tire .Actually,they are made or distributed by same company as oregon chainsaw chains and bars .

Yeah I just checked Oregon, I will have my dealer give me a price on them and try those out

SuperiorPower
04-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Yeah I just checked Oregon, I will have my dealer give me a price on them and try those out

You are correct. They are Oregon. Oregon blades are some of the best around. I am sure your local servicing dealer can get them for you no problem. For me, they vary in price from $15+, depending on the manufacturer they are replacing. Like I posted in another thread, they now have some that have fusion technology which is suppose to make them tougher and make them last longer between sharpening.

You will love them,
Eli

picframer
04-14-2010, 05:06 AM

I buy them from this company below, I have around 30+ clients using them also, clients that we do spraying for however they mow their own lawns, the service and speed from these guys is excellent and they ship USPS which saves a lot, get a spare set as they are not expensive at all but get the high lifts>

Specialty Small Engine
110 W. Healey Street
Champaign, IL 61820
217-359-1234

http://www.gatorblade.com/contact_us.html

SuperiorPower
04-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Geez, if you guys are getting them shipped to you from the US, let know and I am sure I can get them to you for the same price, or cheaper. Let me know what you need blades for (if you have the part #, that would be best). If Gator blades are available for a mower then I can get them.

Justin,

I don't think the gator Blades are not available yet for your mowers (If I recall correctly both of your mowers are Husqvarna?). But to make sure, give me the blade # or if nothing else, the mower model and serial # and I will double check and get back with you. On that note, I can also get the original blades and Oregon replacement blades for most mowers.

Thanks,
Eli

justin_time
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Justin,

I don't think the gator Blades are not available yet for your mowers (If I recall correctly both of your mowers are Husqvarna?). But to make sure, give me the blade # or if nothing else, the mower model and serial # and I will double check and get back with you. On that note, I can also get the original blades and Oregon replacement blades for most mowers.

Thanks,
Eli

Husqvarna Zero turn IZ4821 - Blade #539 10 03-40 (x3) - 16 1/4 with of blade, 5/8 center hole.

Serial # 061377348
Product #968999296

I found a set in Oregon, under Husqvarna Turf.

SuperiorPower
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Husqvarna Zero turn IZ4821 - Blade #539 10 03-40 (x3) - 16 1/4 with of blade, 5/8 center hole.

Serial # 061377348
Product #968999296

I found a set in Oregon, under Husqvarna Turf.

The Gator options are:

Option 1: Gator 3 in 1 Hi-Lift, $53.19 (shipping included) for set of 3,

Option 2: Gator 3 in 1 Magnum (extra heavy duty ~ .250" thick instead of .203" thick), $73.53 (shipping included) for set of three,

Option 3: Gator 3 n 1 Fusion (see this Fusion fact sheet (http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/pdf/OREGON_FusionBlade.pdf)), also extra heavy duty, $94.43, shipping included for set of 3,

Option 4: Gator Mulcher G6 (http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/products/oep/G6.htm), This blade is supposed to be the Cadillac of lawn mower blades and has these features:

Superior mulching,
Superior bagging,
Superior side discharge,
X-Tended Cutting Length (TM) - Longer cutting edge,
Thicker and wider (3" wide instead of 2 1/2" and .250" thick instead of .203"),
Fusion - Stays sharp longer,
Same price as option 2!! Only $73.53 with shipping included!

I would recommend option 4. All of these prices are typical prices w/o shipping but I am willing to pay the shipping if you buy the blades from me (see, contrary to popular belief, I am a nice guy!). :D

Let me know what you decide,
Eli

PS: I will do my best to match anyone else's prices within reason.

justin_time
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
The Gator options are:

Option 1: Gator 3 in 1 Hi-Lift, $53.19 (shipping included) for set of 3,

Option 2: Gator 3 in 1 Magnum (extra heavy duty ~ .250" thick instead of .203" thick), $73.53 (shipping included) for set of three,

Option 3: Gator 3 n 1 Fusion (see this Fusion fact sheet (http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/pdf/OREGON_FusionBlade.pdf)), also extra heavy duty, $94.43, shipping included for set of 3,

Option 4: Gator Mulcher G6 (http://www.oregonchain.com/pro/products/oep/G6.htm), This blade is supposed to be the Cadillac of lawn mower blades and has these features:

Superior mulching,
Superior bagging,
Superior side discharge,
X-Tended Cutting Length (TM) - Longer cutting edge,
Thicker and wider (3" wide instead of 2 1/2" and .250" thick instead of .203"),
Fusion - Stays sharp longer,
Same price as option 2!! Only $73.53 with shipping included!

I would recommend option 4. All of these prices are typical prices w/o shipping but I am willing to pay the shipping if you buy the blades from me (see, contrary to popular belief, I am a nice guy!). :D

Let me know what you decide,
Eli

PS: I will do my best to match anyone else's prices within reason.

That's nice to know, but how much is shipping to Canada, P0M 2N0 is my Postal Code aka Zip Code but with letters :p

picframer
04-14-2010, 08:24 PM
That's nice to know, but how much is shipping to Canada, P0M 2N0 is my Postal Code aka Zip Code but with letters :p

Justin, shipping is cheap, I pay around $12.00 for two sets.

Anyhow make sure you promote you are using these, I have found it a tremendous selling tool as the competition, around here, doesn't seem to even know how to sharpen the factory blades.

justin_time
04-14-2010, 08:41 PM

Anyhow make sure you promote you are using these, I have found it a tremendous selling tool as the competition, around here, doesn't seem to even know how to sharpen the factory blades.

I have no competition where I am :p

jklawncare
04-15-2010, 12:50 AM
to me it just seems similar to a craftsman mulching blade..anyone wanna tell me how ill benefit from these vs. those?

picframer
04-15-2010, 05:04 AM
to me it just seems similar to a craftsman mulching blade..anyone wanna tell me how ill benefit from these vs. those?

Do you have an image or link to the Craftsman blades you are referring to? I did a google search on Craftsman Mulching Blades and they do not look anywhere near the same. Probably why Gator makes blades for the Craftsman mowers.

SuperiorPower
04-15-2010, 05:09 AM

I would have to check but I would be paying for it (and not charging you for it). I may have to take some blades in and weigh them to get an idea on it.

SuperiorPower
04-15-2010, 05:17 AM

Justin,

If shipping is not more than that, I may be able to do you a bit better on the blades. I was anticipating shipping being a bit more than that. I will have to check if you are serious about buying them from me (I would appreciate if you would! But no pressure! lol).

justin_time
04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Justin,

If shipping is not more than that, I may be able to do you a bit better on the blades. I was anticipating shipping being a bit more than that. I will have to check if you are serious about buying them from me (I would appreciate if you would! But no pressure! lol).

I just hate importing into Canada and paying those duty. I've ordered too many stuff from the States that I don't want to do this anymore. It's more of a hassle than anything else. I end up paying 2x or sometimes 3x the price if i would of ordered it from Canada

SuperiorPower
04-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I just hate importing into Canada and paying those duty. I've ordered too many stuff from the States that I don't want to do this anymore. It's more of a hassle than anything else. I end up paying 2x or sometimes 3x the price if i would of ordered it from Canada

I can completely understand! Honestly, you would probably pay about the same from your local shop and you would have the convenience of walking in and picking them up. :) But in case you change your mind, I am here!! :D

justin_time
04-15-2010, 11:37 AM
I can completely understand! Honestly, you would probably pay about the same from your local shop and you would have the convenience of walking in and picking them up. :) But in case you change your mind, I am here!! :D

Yeah I will find out what the price at my dealer 2 minutes from here. Then i'll decide, and go from there !

SuperiorPower
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeah I will find out what the price at my dealer 2 minutes from here. Then i'll decide, and go from there !

Good deal! and good luck!

-Eli

justin_time
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Ordered some Gator Mulcher blades :D only $16.00 or so each

Fresh Cut
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I actually started with Gators.

I like 'em, but this last set of blades I bought last week are mulching blades. The wavy mulching blades.

I think I need the baffle that goes under the deck between the blades, it directs the airflow, maybe even increases suction.

TeamDynamic
04-15-2010, 07:04 PM
The gator blades are awesome! We use them on all our mowers. If you're bagging your clippings you can make more passes before you have to dump your bag. It also makes it so we don't have to double cut on slightly longer grass.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
04-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Dont have a need for them yet but good to know..... Love my micro cut honda blades(2) prob do the same or better but dont know.

SuperiorPower
04-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Ordered some Gator Mulcher blades :D only $16.00 or so each

Great! I hope you enjoy them!

I wish I could sell them for that price and still make a decent profit!

justin_time
04-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Great! I hope you enjoy them!

I wish I could sell them for that price and still make a decent profit!

I know, i bought another regular set from Husqvarna i think they were like $25 each or something like that. I laughed when the guy told me the price of the mulch blades. I was like wow, order me 50 as a joke lol