PDA

View Full Version : too late

kkkkkkk
04-13-2010, 01:00 PM
When is it to late to start picking up customers. I have been pushing it for over a month now and still have very few responses on new customers. it seems everything i do doesent work.:confused:

CHEESE2009
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
It's never too late.

People are able to pick up the majority of their customers mid season/ end of season, who will hire you the beginning of next season.

So don't panic, it takes time to build up.

Do everything you can, advertise :D

Steve
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
When is it to late to start picking up customers. I have been pushing it for over a month now and still have very few responses on new customers. it seems everything i do doesent work.

It's never too late. What are you doing to market yourself, is it possible that the marketing you are doing could be revamped to give you a better response? Can you tell us a little bit about it?

racerdude711
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I didn't put out many flyers due to the fact that I had a good customer base built up from last year, and didn't want to turn work down. Now that things have got rolling, I've found I have more time to take on more work. Just not sure what marketing approach to take this late in the season.

kkkkkkk
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
i put out yard signs posting on cl and going to try door hangers also trying to get the word out by letting everyone no im doing it

Steve
04-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Now that things have got rolling, I've found I have more time to take on more work.

Why do you feel that is the case?

racerdude711
04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Mainly because I don't have as much homework after school this year. I'm a Junior in high school, so the majority of my classes are electives, therefore not as much homework. Also, I think because I have some experience under my belt from last year, I'm going through my lawns a lot quicker. Also, I got a 36" walk behind last fall which speeds things up a ton. I was using a 42" ZTR which is to big for some lawns, and then I would have to use my regular 21". Now that I have a 36", I can get in and get out quickly.

s13browe
04-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Im looking into buying a 36 w/b this year what brand did you get hydo or belt. Do you like it? Not to thread jack but need input.

racerdude711
04-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I got a 36" EagleStar, which is now owned by Yazoo Kees. Its a belt drive, but would definetly recommend the hydro. Main reason for getting the belt drive was the price difference.