PDA

View Full Version : insurance

kkkkkkk
04-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on insurance and what coverage you need companys you suggest. do you just need liability or is there more that is needed thanks

picframer
04-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on insurance and what coverage you need companys you suggest. do you just need liability or is there more that is needed thanks

Hi KKKKKKKKKKKKK, did you ask your lawyer or insurance broker?

Steve
04-13-2010, 10:02 AM
The amount of insurance coverage we see can vary depending on if you work with residential or commercial customers. Commercial customers will usually want between $1 to $2 million dollars in liability coverage. They should tell you this when you inquire to bid.

kdexpd
04-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Listen to Steve. If I were you I would go with 1 million. That's what I have and it covers me for my commercial accounts too. Don't limit yourself to just residential, commercial is where the steady money is at. You may not need the coverage at first, but what if a commercial account calls you up on Friday at 4:30 pm and wants a bid? It may be too late to go get the higher insurance coverage because your insurance agent has left the office for the weekend. Now your stuck, especially if your bid is accepted on the spot and they need it mowed this weekend.

Lawn Envy
04-14-2010, 02:21 AM
1 mill for me. I live in Cal and there are so many requirements. Most people want a min of a million in liability. Just my 2 cents.

devuono311
04-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh Dear kkkkkkk,

Here's the deal bud. Depending on where you live it varies. Like around me, some commercial properties only require half mill. Some people only carry $300,000, HA! Thats a waste. So I suggest, calling a couple commercial properties in your area and just simply ask "What is the minimum liability coverage you require for landscape and lawncare companies for your property?" . Don't settle for the minimum though. Always go a little further than your expected. Like these guys said 1 mill. is a good basis. But thats what I would do, make a couple phone calls, because it DOES vary depending on where you live and you might be surprised it wasn't much at all difference in my ins. payments to get another half mill. coverage.

Also, CALL around. You wouldn't believe some of the different price ranges I got from insurance companies. Example: for six months coverage a ins. co. quoted me $787.00 for only $300,000 coverage as a"starting point" to "SEE" what I wanted to go with they said. I called another guy in G.R. he quoted me $476.00 for six months coverage at $500,000. That included the same packages as the first guy but with higher coverage!!!! So anyhow, its up to you to put all our advice to use. Take it easy and let us know how it goes.

-Tyler