PDA

View Full Version : Advertising EDGING

CHEESE2009
04-11-2010, 09:23 PM
So I took a look at all my services & wrote down a few predictions.

So far I'm lacking sales in hedge trimming, nothing too bad.

Though I'd like to add a more interesting service.

"Edging" with a manual edger.

The advertising pictures will look great, considering the grass looks tucked under the curbs, etc.

$25.00 one time

$105.00 / once per month for 6 months

$204.00 / twice per month for 6 months

Any suggestions?

I edge with a trimmer, but it's not even close to being as beautiful as using an edger, ya know?

JP Landscaping
04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
You will have to schedule in all edging jobs on one day if you are renting an edger then.

I subbed out my edging to a guy last summer and he charged me $70 for a driveway and sidewalk. A simple house. It's sure not as quick as trimming.
but I don't know how your competition's prices are around there.

CHEESE2009
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
You will have to schedule in all edging jobs on one day if you are renting an edger then.

I subbed out my edging to a guy last summer and he charged me $70 for a driveway and sidewalk. A simple house. It's sure not as quick as trimming.
but I don't know how your competition's prices are around there.

No one does it around here, but I don't expect people to buy into this service for the price I'd charge using a machine edger.

This is all manual & maybe takes 25 minutes to do a home.

I'd print out a sheet like this, then use a cutting board like I did my, "Platinum Package"

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/LawnEdging.jpg

Steve
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I like the idea but I think it's always best to promote low numbers. So instead of showing a price for multiple edging services.

Would it be better to say as low as $X per visit?

What's your view on that?

CHEESE2009
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I like the idea but I think it's always best to promote low numbers. So instead of showing a price for multiple edging services.

Would it be better to say as low as $X per visit?

What's your view on that?

I agree, then the customer can hear the details later on when I get them on the phone or meet in person.

Steve
04-13-2010, 10:06 AM
How will you be distributing these?

CHEESE2009
04-13-2010, 02:31 PM
How will you be distributing these?

I wont, lol... I'm done with ads this year... Too busy as it is.

Though I have thought about 2011's flyer!

It's a , "build your own package" ad

customers get a list of our services, and get to circle the number of times they would like each service performed.

We would go in for an estimate, right them up the cost for the services & that's that.

Some customers don't know if they want everything done right away though, so I have to be clever on what services I put in.

Steve
04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
I wonder how many others include edging in their standard lawn care packages and how often they have to re-edge with an edger vs using a line trimmer.

CHEESE2009
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder how many others include edging in their standard lawn care packages and how often they have to re-edge with an edger vs using a line trimmer.

Well, just starting out (without sending those ads out) I have edged 7 properties.

This stuff looks GREAT.

My lawns look beautiful in comparison to their neighbors. I think I'm on to something.

Not a lot of companies edge lawns, & trimming isn't REALLY edging.

I'll post pics soon.

For the record, this work can get messy, heavy, & tiring.

One front yard, the debris & excess lawn I removed weighed close to 50 pounds.

It was worth it! $20.00 tip was made today by edging alone!

Steve
04-16-2010, 08:56 AM
I look forwards to seeing the pictures. I bet that property looked amazing when you were done.