PDA

View Full Version : Is this weed whacker good?

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 04:17 AM
So I was wondering are my lawn mower, weed whacker good? The lawn mower I have right now is a brute 22" self propelled http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8585731 . And my weed whacker that I am planing to buy this weeks is http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179141000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&sName=View+All&cName=Handheld+Power+Tools , i am more concerned that I am a getting a good deal on the weed wacker. This is because I got the 2 month lawn mower for free, cause the neighbor thought it was "broken".

Thanks,
Edvin

Steve
04-10-2010, 06:59 AM
I would think that no matter what product you buy from Walmart or Sears, it's not going to last as long as a commercial unit. So if you know this, you can weigh it all in your head of price vs. total hours you will be able to get out of it and make the best choice for you.

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 09:20 AM
acutally my old lawn mower was 10 years old and bought from Walmart used every other week, and it work perfectly. My old weed whacker is 8 years old also bought from Walmart and it still works. Now you were saying to buy commercial grade equipment. My question is where can I buy those things?

wellbiz
04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
acutally my old lawn mower was 10 years old and bought from Walmart used every other week, and it work perfectly. My old weed whacker is 8 years old also bought from Walmart and it still works. Now you were saying to buy commercial grade equipment. My question is where can I buy those things?

That is easy... Go to google type in commercial lawn equipment and your zip code and you will get a list of dealers in your area. You can also visit the websites of the manufactures you are interested in (scag, toro, bob cat, bunton, etc). Most have a local dealer search function so you can locate a dealer near by...

Good luck!

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Hahaha most of the equipment is 1000+ I really don't need that equipment right now.

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 03:38 PM
also noone has answered my question. Is the lawn mower i want to buy the best for its price?

picframer
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
How many lawns do you mow per week and what is the average size? I couldn't personally tell you if it's worth the money or not as I only buy commercial grade equipment, it many very well last you a long time, depends on a lot of factors.

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
cut about 10 houses every other week and a 10 acre farm

bruces
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
doesnt the original post say the mower was free because the owner thought it was broken ?if you got it free,and you can fix it,then you didnt pay too much .try to get the receipt for it,as it states a two year warranty which might come in handy .

bruces
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I just re-read your other post ,10 acres with that push mower will be a hell of a workout .

EgLawns
04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I already fixed it, and i don't have a new weed whacker so i want to buy this one.

picframer
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
cut about 10 houses every other week and a 10 acre farm

I am curious, you are cutting a 10 acre farm with a push mower? How long does that take? Have you considered some type of ride on mower?

psparaco
04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
poplan weedwackers are like weedeaters. same manufacturer. they are good cheap inexpensive machines. i currently have 28 lawns i mow ranging from middle of group and end of group townhouses to single family homes up to 1/4 acre. i have noticed the weedwacker and blower tend to have trouble starting after soo many start and stops in a dayl. but thats expected with cheap residential equipment. i have been using a 22 inch mulching weed eater push mower last season and this one. i keep it well maintained and well tuned up. my backup mower for the time being is a 21 inch yard machine which shockingly still works but then again. i have tuned it up every year since it was bought for my parents. i intend to buy another 22inch weedeater mower as a backup to the one i have. i don't plan to blow a ton of money on commerical equipment until i get alot more 1/4 acre and larger lawns. no reason to go into debt buying equipment you dont need when you start out.

EgLawns
04-11-2010, 08:28 AM
I am curious, you are cutting a 10 acre farm with a push mower? How long does that take? Have you considered some type of ride on mower?

actually the owner is letting me use there zero turn.