PDA

View Full Version : New Customer New Lawn More Money

jklawncare
04-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone how are you guys
I just got another call today..i hung a flyer on the door with a price and he called me back..he wanted hit bagged,weed eated, and bi weekly.

i told him we would charge extra per how many feet there were to wack..

but..he wants it bo-tri weekly because most iof his backyard is mossy and dosnt grow much. I convinced him its best we mow it every other week instead of every 3 since the front needs maintained and it will help maintain the property.
he agreed. However i was thinking

should i offer to him and explain how i can till his back and roll out grass?
maybe make a flyer on it or something..maybe it will intice him enough to want it done..i can do it..and ill be able to mow weekly..

any thoughts or suggestions?

jklawncare
04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
also theres roughly 50-60 feet to trim..how much do you guys charge on average to trim?i never really put a method on my pricing ut i wanna do it right this season..

kdexpd
04-09-2010, 02:30 AM
should i offer to him and explain how i can till his back and roll out grass?
maybe make a flyer on it or something..maybe it will intice him enough to want it done..i can do it..and ill be able to mow weekly..

any thoughts or suggestions?

Hey JK
Usually when I run into moss problems, there is actually a tree problem. Too much shade will cause thin grass and moss. Does this guy have a lot of trees or even low hanging branches? Maybe Lots of pine trees? Can you post a pic for us to see of the problem area so we can help you figure it out? Maybe one of the mossy areas and one of the backyard. If it's trees, you can bid a trimming of the low hanging limbs, and then a reseeding of the areas. Sometimes when you go into laying turf, you'll scare of the average customer when it comes time to discuss cost. As far as the flyer, that's a good idea and I use it very often when I'm trying to sell a specific job. Let's figure out what is causing the issue first, and then I'll help you with a flyer. You can pm me if you want, but be sure and post the pics in this thread so others can help out too.

maybe it will intice him enough to want it done..i can do it..and ill be able to mow weekly

Here I would recommend you offer to apply a consumer brand weed and feed from like home depot to his front yard. This does two things: It makes his turf look great in his front yard, and it also gives him an idea of how nice his backyard will look when you get finished with it. Slow, small steps are what get the customers attention. I have some customers that really don't care too much about the health of their lawn. They see it as just another hassle, but if you can show them that with a little fertilizer that doesn't cost much at all, they can have a very attractive lawn. As far as the weedeating, unless there's a ton of obstacles, I normally don't charge any extra for that service. I only charge for the mowing. Now everybody will tell you differently, but that's just how I do it. Here in my area, the normal cost I charge per average-sized yard is $25 and that includes trimming and blowing debris from sidewalks, etc. I also have a stripper on my Exmark, however I don't charge any extra for stripes...I think that's silly.