PDA

View Full Version : Quiz for Customers NEW IDEA

CHEESE2009
04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
When you are offering discounts, etc.

Wouldn't it be neat to offer your clients a multiple choice quiz, which will help them understand how you operate & why they shouldn't jump to conclusions?

If they pass they get a discount, & are probably your best customers.

Though if they pass or fail, the week after you can send them a letter with all of the answers.

Questions like, "Why is it bad to mow a lawn which is wet?"

Instead of your customers saying, "You never show up when you said you would" they will understand!

That is just an example. There are some great questions which can better your bond with each customer, & it sounds like a LOT of fun!

So maybe you guys are interested in this & are thinking about a promotion to give away.

Let's hear some multiple choice questions & answers!!!

e.g

Why is it bad to cut the lawn too short? My customers need to know this.

"We have so much weeds & our grass never grows"

Scott: Well I can soil/seed your lawn, & cut it higher than the previous company you hired.

"No we want you to cut it short short"

Scott: *sigh* there's your problem.

I'm going to offer my customers a quiz every month or so, give them them coupons or something for services usable next year. Customer retention baby!

CHEESE2009
04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Q: Why does Breeze Lawn Service avoid contracts?

a) We are interested in keeping our clients feeling free - not miserable

b) We take a lot of pride in our work, & we donít need contracts to keep our clients

c) All of the above

jklawncare
04-08-2010, 11:44 PM
thats a really good idea..it will give them information and theres an incentive.. way better than the standard welcome, about us flyer

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 12:44 AM
What do you think? Keeps my customers less of a hassle, $5.00 is worth it!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/quiz.jpg

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 01:04 AM
I HAVE THE BEST IDEA!!!

I should make b) the best answer to all of the questions...

When I collect payment I can say, "See, (B) is the right choice!"

(B) for BREEZE...

AHAHAHAHA, man I'm so clever... Someone tell me how clever I am, I need to hear it... LMAO

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 01:17 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/quiz-1.jpg

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 06:17 AM
I'll send a package to my customers, with a letter of appreciation;

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/ThankYouPaint.jpg

Steve
04-09-2010, 07:09 AM
I love the quiz idea. I think you could use that as a way to market to new customers. You could probably even take the $5 off out of there. It would be something to educate and engage them.

At the bottom you could include the part of, if you noticed the answer to every question was (B). B is the right choice for all your lawn care needs.

That would just be amazing!

How will the letter tie into all this?

What's the plan with mixing the two?

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 07:13 AM
How will the letter tie into all this?

What's the plan with mixing the two?

I suppose I can put them both into an envelope.

One will be my letter of appreciation, and the other will be a "gift" I suppose.

$5.00 isn't much, but here is an alternative solution;

I already offer 7% our lawn maintenance service, why don't I round it up to 15% just for the month of June?

Percentages sound so much better!

And it gives customers a reason to last through May with me. A good "Welcome to Breeze" gift...

CHEESE2009
04-09-2010, 07:31 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/15percentoff.jpg

something like this maybe...

Steve
04-10-2010, 06:31 AM
That would be very interesting to experiment with. Do you think something like that would work to attract new customers as well?

CHEESE2009
04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
That would be very interesting to experiment with. Do you think something like that would work to attract new customers as well?

I'd like to be able to give MINOR promotions every now & then.

I would be like a lawn maintenance service, vistaprint style!

I'm sure I'd get referrals,

"You should hire Breeze, they offer promotions all the time unlike other companies!"

Sure it's "losing money" but not if it's a few dollars here & there, & the customer retention should be well worth it, & it's fun & something my competitors aren't doing!

My competitors offer packages, I'll offer fun "event" style promotions.

Which enables me to keep in contact with my clients by handing out letters every now & then, refreshing their minds so I am able to make better upsells.

E.g

Imagine I sent out, "THIS MONTH ONLY, 7% OFF X SERVICE, CALL NOW"

Clients will be more enticed to hiring me, because they see they are getting a deal, yet they will be paying the company me a profitable amount. No set backs, no loss.

It's better to have someone hire me - by me offering a small discount on X service, than not hiring me at all... Especially for petty jobs that don't take up a lot of time.

Basically I have raised my prices of my other services, so a discount just means they pay the old price. Not a big problem! I like it!!!

Steve
04-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I would be like a lawn maintenance service, vistaprint style!

What do you feel you has stood out for you from your interactions with vistaprint? How do you feel those learning experiences can be applied to the lawn care business?

Have you seen them do some kind of promotion you felt would work well in lawn care?

CHEESE2009
04-11-2010, 12:59 PM
What do you feel you has stood out for you from your interactions with vistaprint? How do you feel those learning experiences can be applied to the lawn care business?

Have you seen them do some kind of promotion you felt would work well in lawn care?

With Vistaprint, it seems as if they are ALWAYS focusing on customer retention.

The more you buy, the more you save. They always send out discounts, etc. Just keeping in touch is key.

I like Vistaprint, because whatever you are looking for (a certain price) you will always find it.

a) after purchasing from them previously, you get a discount on the NEXT thing you want to order.

b) just waiting for that special email telling me that I will save X$ on the certain order.

other sites don't do this!

So my lawn maintenance clients already have a special deal on gutter cleaning. They save, so long as they are my lawn maintenance clients!

I will send out flyers every few months, with promotions & discounts, they will always have a chance/reminder to get what they want, with the added benefit of a discount.

So at first I can send out a flyer with a list of my services, over time I can send out flyers with ONE service on them with a written description & "savings".

"THIS MONTH ONLY SAVE BIG ON LAWN MAINTENANCE WHEN YOU HIRE BREEZE TO TRIM YOUR HEDGES"

simple things.. I think it's amazing to try out! I will also be able to show my customers what I am capable of, next year I might not have these promotions, but they will have had a chance to see the nice job(s) I do!

Steve
04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Those are great ideas! I look forwards to seeing more of them as they are created :)