PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

cleancutlawncare5382
04-07-2010, 04:52 AM
I wanted to say hello and tell you a little about me. I've been thinking about starting a lawn service for the past 3 years and decided to pull the trigger this spring. Nothing too big due to I have a full time job now. I was in the military resevers for 22 years and that took most of my spare time. Looking to fill that time with lawn care I guess. LOL
I have landed my 1st client and start her lawn this weekend. Hope to grow to 10 or so by summers end with the help from your website. I've learned tricks and tips already so thanks in advance.

Nice to meet you all
Jim

Steve
04-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Hi Jim,

Welcome to our forum!

Many forum readers might be sitting there on the fence not sure if they are ready to do it yet or not, can you tell us what made you decide to finally jump in? For those on the fence, what advice do you have to push yourself when you are unsure if you are ready yet to start your own business?

Congratulations on landing your first customer! How did you do that? What's some of your future marketing plans?

cleancutlawncare5382
04-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Basically my motivation to start a business was my passion for keeping my own lawn looking its best. I truly love being outdoors and making a difference in curb appeal.
My 1st customer is actually a former neighbor. I knew she was having her lawn done and needed some help. She was having a local kid take care it and he wasnít too reliable. She was glad I approached her and asked if I would be interested in tilling the flower bed and cleaning the gutters. So it seems the business is growing already.
Marketing so far has been flyers with spring specials handed out door-to-door. My artwork for the company logo is being developed as we speak and I plan to have vinyl window advertising put on the truck. I would like to do the door hangers next. I did run an ad in the classified of the local paper but only had one call. Not sure Iíll use them again

Steve
04-07-2010, 10:45 AM
My 1st customer is actually a former neighbor. I knew she was having her lawn done and needed some help. She was having a local kid take care it and he wasnít too reliable. She was glad I approached her and asked if I would be interested in tilling the flower bed and cleaning the gutters. So it seems the business is growing already.

That is great! It shows the power of social marketing. Did you give her extra business cards an ask her to hand them out or ask for referrals from her?

What about your other neighbors, friends and family? I bet the more you ask around, the more customers you will get.