PDA

View Full Version : Gopher software???

Fresh Cut
04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I downloaded the software over a week ago and I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I haven't been able to spend the hours inputting my customers data and I wanted to ask some of y'all some questions before I invested more time into software that I really can't afford and that may be not be what I need.

Questions:
1) How long did it take you to learn the program and input the initial customer data, schedule, route, service, etc.?

2) How much of an asset is the software to your company?

3) Does the software save you time?

4) Does the software save you money?

5) How much time do you spend each day using the program, either in the morning or after route?

I just can't see spending $100 that I don't have on software :confused:

justin_time
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I downloaded the software over a week ago and I haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I haven't been able to spend the hours inputting my customers data and I wanted to ask some of y'all some questions before I invested more time into software that I really can't afford and that may be not be what I need.

Questions:
1) How long did it take you to learn the program and input the initial customer data, schedule, route, service, etc.?

2) How much of an asset is the software to your company?

3) Does the software save you time?

4) Does the software save you money?

5) How much time do you spend each day using the program, either in the morning or after route?

I just can't see spending $100 that I don't have on software :confused:

After you've set up your customer, everything comes easy. What I do, when I get an estimate, i get the customer's data and put it in Gopher right of way, that way you can schedule and Estimate at $0 and keep going like that. If you do get the job, well you can schedule your season for X amount of dollars. Then when your done for the day, you hit complete. And if you want to print your invoices right after, you hit print, if you send them in 10 days or whatever, you still hit print whenever you want. PDF or printer, they are easily accessed. Since I have started I have used it for 1 complete year, this is my 2nd and I'm already at Invoice #900. Some were tests, and some were deleted but still. It's alot of invoices since the start. I started at 1

mark123
04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
1) How long did it take you to learn the program and input the initial customer data, schedule, route, service, etc.?It took a few days to scan the manual, add the customers, figure out how to assign prices and taxes and get it all set up. Yeah, about 2 days of poking about.

2) How much of an asset is the software to your company? I'd have lost all my customers by now without it.

3) Does the software save you time? It's a whole lot faster than pen and paper.

4) Does the software save you money? The software MAKES me money.

5) How much time do you spend each day using the program, either in the morning or after route? Morning, print jobs. 1 minute. Evening, complete jobs. About 5 minutes (I include labor times on all jobs).

I just can't see spending $100 that I don't have on software :confused: I can't see running a successful lawn care service without it.

Fresh Cut
04-07-2010, 11:21 AM
What about when you're in the field? I have a Blackberry and I like to input information and save info on my phone. Many times I don't get home until bedtime and I don't have time to get on my PC... I guess I need to manage my time better.

Anyone have something that can be installed on a Blackberry? Or a way to email customers invoices from the field?

I have a couple Asset management companies that I work with and they may send me addresses to properties while I'm already out and I go check 'em out, give a price and they give the go ahead to complete the work, then they need an invoice.... I'm not able to send an invoice from my phone.

I'll keep working with the Gopher Software a little at a time until I get it down. You guys convinced me.