PDA

View Full Version : Duplex

jklawncare
04-06-2010, 02:33 AM
So i handed out about half my flyers and have gotten 2 calls in one day..

i was wondering before i finish the rest should i seperate the duplex price like i have

Ive been charging half price each side..so if one needed it done not the other he only pays for his half..and i can talk to the other side and he can pay for his half if he wants to join

thing is .. each price is really low if i split it in half..the yards are small so ill get done in 10 minutes with a 21" should i raise it to a standard price?
what do you guys think?

jklawncare
04-06-2010, 02:34 AM
to be clear i am making a profit off of them..maybe have those small accounts go straight to the business fund and not in my or partners paycheck..?

Steve
04-06-2010, 05:35 AM
thing is .. each price is really low if i split it in half..the yards are small so ill get done in 10 minutes with a 21" should i raise it to a standard price?
what do you guys think?

This is interesting. Can we see the flyer?

It kinda makes me think of the other discussions we have had on here when it comes to pricing. How you need to have a minimum charge just to show up and then an additional fee tacked onto it, depending on the size of the lawn.

So if you were to only cut a half of the yard, the price should be more than just half price because you still need to cover that minimum charge plus the time for the size of the lawn.

What are your thoughts on it? Are you figuring you need to charge more?

psparaco
04-06-2010, 08:38 AM
duplex i would charge based on total square foot of the lawn. use steve's calculators on here. i would guess its about 20 bucks to do one duplex. most townhomes i do range from 20-30. i have a client base of 15 clients. just yesterday when i returned home i received 5 voicemails from people wanting their lawns done. i handed out 325 flyers in 2 days and its paying off. so far only 5 calls in a day have come in. i expect more in the coming weeks. guess i'll find out tonight how many more calls come in. happy mowing all.

Steve
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
duplex i would charge based on total square foot of the lawn.

Would you offer any discount if the other side of the duplex wanted their lawn cut too? Or what would your suggestion be on that?

bruces
04-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Charge the square footage ,but offer to split the stop charge if the neighbour signs up for same day service maybey ?

Yard Elements
04-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I would just charge each lawn per each like it was a single lawn. Min. $30 Each.

They don't get a discount for living side by side why should they get a discount for mowing side by side.

Look at it like this if too people have houses with adjacent lawns would you give them both discounts.

IMHO

Steve
04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to experiment. See if you can land more of these customers by offering a discount, by a certain date. If it works, great! If it doesn't then try something else.

I would think even talking to these people you could get some feedback on it.