PDA

View Full Version : Backpack Blower

jessechaveriat
04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I got a new Husqvarna 150 BT blower the other day at Lowes. I used it for the first time today, and couldnt be happier with it. It blew some logs around in the back yard off of the pile. I really didnt even have to throttle it to blow off the paved areas. It did just fine at idle speed! It was on sale for $269. plus i had a 10% off coupon. I have 4 more 10% off coupons if anyone is buying something big at Lowes soon and wants one.

Steve
04-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Oh that is fantastic! Are the printable off the web or no?

jessechaveriat
04-04-2010, 09:08 AM
i actually got them on ebay. 5 coupons for about $6. bucks. free shipping. Nice!

XtreemGreen
04-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Did you get an extended warrenty? You'll be taking it back with in a year.. Lowes and Home Depot stuff isnt built for the everyday abuse we put them through... But it is a good machine to start out with..

Steve
04-05-2010, 06:01 AM
How long do you expect them to last?

jessechaveriat
04-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Did you get an extended warrenty? You'll be taking it back with in a year.. Lowes and Home Depot stuff isnt built for the everyday abuse we put them through... But it is a good machine to start out with..

I started out with a brand new redmax. got tired of taking it to the repair shop. This is husky is a good machine. It has worked flawlessly and powerfully for the first 6-8 hours. im sure ill be happy with it for 2 or more seasons.

XtreemGreen
04-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I bought a used Echo pb603 off ebay for $150... Ive had it going on 3 years and have never had a problem...Like I said.. Lowes and Home Depot stuff is good, until you can get something more commercial...Ive never used Redmax... Ive used Shindawia (Awesome) and Echo (Awesome) for blowers..

markty
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
What are the recommendations for a backpack leaf blower/vaccuum combination unit. My parents have an over the counter weedeater electric unit. It works pretty well BUT you can see that it will fall apart with any real use. So something moderately priced and which would withstand regular use. I LOVE the vaccuuming feature.

Thanks,

Mark

XtreemGreen
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
What are the recommendations for a backpack leaf blower/vaccuum combination unit. My parents have an over the counter weedeater electric unit. It works pretty well BUT you can see that it will fall apart with any real use. So something moderately priced and which would withstand regular use. I LOVE the vaccuuming feature.

Thanks,

Mark

Commercial product? I dont think they offer something like that... I could be wrong though..

picframer
04-06-2010, 04:57 AM
How long do you expect them to last?

Big box for the hours we put on, I doubt we would get a year, we are running the Stihl BR600's, budget is two to three years but our machines are used for everything, at the moment blowing off driveways after chipping, blowing rocks off lawns from snow plowing and the list goes on.

In year two I will simply sell and replace whether they are running or not.