PDA

View Full Version : Yard Rolling

adamsmowing88
04-03-2010, 03:19 AM
If you charge for lawn rolling, do you normally charge less or more than you do to mow....I figure more because your filling up the barrel and emptying it....

picframer
04-03-2010, 03:25 AM
In the spring once the frost is out we charge the same, if it's new top soil and sod, it's part of the quote. It doesn't take very long, we use rollers from 36" to 60" and use the biggest we can for the property, I try and line them all up in the spring so that we do not have to empty the rollers, we have a rack they are stored in at home so we can leave them full and not worry about flat spots.

Steve
04-03-2010, 05:05 AM
What's the benefit of rolling the lawn? How often should that be done?

Did the customer ask you to do this or were you marketing it?

adamsmowing88
04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Well my wife wanted me to roll over our lawn because over winter we had moles burrowing thru our yard, and when i went to walk on it, you would sink down as if it was hollow.

picframer
04-03-2010, 06:24 PM
What's the benefit of rolling the lawn? How often should that be done?

Did the customer ask you to do this or were you marketing it?

During the winter when the ground has frozen, when the frost comes out it raises rocks, pieces of wood etc sometimes pretty deep, rolling the lawn flattens it back out to some extent, some lawns come out perfect, some still have a few bumps but it does make a big difference around here.

Steve
04-04-2010, 04:59 AM
because over winter we had moles burrowing thru our yard

What did you do to take care of this situation? I'd figure unless they were removed, it would still be a problem even after the lawn rolling.