PDA

View Full Version : Worker Parenting LOL

CHEESE2009
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
So I got a few thousand flyers ready to go out, & it's late as heck.

The problem is that I have a list of jobs to get done before the end of tomorrow.

I trust one person to hand out flyers with a crew, though sending this person out without my supervision is still an issue.

I am worried to send this person out on their own, or even with helpers. I'm not a parent, but I just worry for the safety of whoever I hire. (Teenagers)

Someone reassure me that nothing bad will happen to them?

I have a map/route written out. It's fairly simple. It's just that there are a lot of punks roaming around with the Easter holidays, & my temper... it doesn't exist at this time of the month, especially when it comes to B.S.

I don't want to run anyone over for harassing my workers.

What is the best thing I could do? My male worker isn't due for work yet, but I'd like him to go with the group. I cannot reschedule work.

I'm giving out 2 cell phones for them to contact me every what, 40 minutes?

So basically, what do you do if you are a parent & your kid(s) are gone out & will probably be out till 6-7pm?

Am I overacting?

I still panic when I leave my garden weeder at a job, I can't stress enough for her to call me every 30 minutes, lol.

Steve
04-03-2010, 04:22 AM
What will they be doing? Just sticking flyers in the door or are they knocking on the door and looking to talk to the home owner as well?

CHEESE2009
04-03-2010, 10:30 PM
What will they be doing? Just sticking flyers in the door or are they knocking on the door and looking to talk to the home owner as well?

I have instructed them not to talk to the homeowners. Last thing I need is for them to feel nervous & pressured into offering a low price for something they have no idea about.

If asked anything, they are to say, "we are just hired to deliver flyers" that's about it.

Anyway, I have rescheduled a few jobs & I will be going out with them to finish it all up.

My biggest concern I suppose, was their safety. Though we have pretty good neighborhood watch here, & almost always a person will walk out of their home & be a hero if they saw something wrong happening.

Steve
04-04-2010, 05:15 AM
With the concerns you have, maybe during the work day would be best. Most people would be out doing something.