PDA

View Full Version : Dethatching Rake, get it! $25.00

CHEESE2009
04-02-2010, 03:07 PM
First off, I don't care what this guy says, "Dethatching or Thatching" I'll stick with "dethatching".

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFScQJKisoY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NFScQJKisoY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I picked up this tool for ... $25.00 give or take... AMAZING!

With a light stroke, all the dead crap just comes up. I filled a nice bag of thatch doing my property, just one light stroke over each foot of lawn.

It takes less time than to be using an ordinary rake, & what you get out of this dethatching rake is so much better!

Your clients wont hesitate on paying you, they know what you did & can actually see what you removed from their lawn!

With a normal rake, you probably get a few handfuls of thatch & you really have to work at it, maybe even make 2 spring visits.

Check it out guys, I highly recommend!

Steve
04-03-2010, 05:01 AM
That looks like its really effective! How often should you be doing that per season?

CHEESE2009
04-03-2010, 11:11 PM
That looks like its really effective! How often should you be doing that per season?

Well I'd say about once per year, during the spring. A lot of lawns don't really need it, but it truly does help even just to pass the rake, something is better than nothing! :P

The only problem with this is, you can't take on big properties. It's more of a "spot treatment" tool.

After awhile it does start to hurt the arms, & you would be better off renting a machine to dethatch lawns instead. Though this is the best alternative I have come across yet!

I did a job today, man what a learning experience. If you have just this dethatching rake & the job looks as if it'll take longer than an hour, rent a machine.

I was at a spot for two (2) hours with a helper.

We used an assortment of rakes + this dethatching rake.

Took me 10 minutes & I threw it back in the truck. It was effective, but man I didn't charge enough to bust my butt for the quality this tool gives, & I don't have 6 hours to spend on this lawn! (His lawn was nothing but thatch, it was a NIGHTMARE!!!!)

My helper & I just used regular rakes side by side as we quickly finished up the lawn, nothing special... Kinda disappointing.

In that 10 minutes of using the dethatching rake, I filled up an entire garbage bag....

Using the regular rakes for the rest of the time, filled up a fourth of a garbage bag.

So to make a long story short, I told this guy I will go rent the proper equipment for his lawn, I'll be right back!

Went to the shop, the damn place was closed. I was ready to drive the truck into the building.

A sign on the store read, "Closed on April 6" ... IT'S APRIL 3RD What the HECK!!!!!

So I went back to the job, told the guy I'll keep in contact yadda yadda yadda...

The good news is, my helper has sun stroke! Fantastic! :P

I did do a wonderful fert/overseeding job today though! With a quick pass with the dethatching rake before hand, pretty good stuff!

The customer was very impressed!

Steve
04-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Were you going to rent a dethatcher like this one?

http://www.495rental.com/images/dethatcher_action5.jpg

picframer
04-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Were you going to rent a dethatcher like this one?

http://www.495rental.com/images/dethatcher_action5.jpg

If she comes with it, done deal!

We have one of the units Breeze posted however it sees very little use as it's simply too slow, we use lawn sweepers or we spray an Organic dethacher product and within two weeks the thatch has turned to humas.

swstout
04-04-2010, 06:47 AM
The bio-enhanced dethatcher also inproves the soil biolife making a healthier lawn.

Steve