PDA

View Full Version : need advice!

RBSlawncare
04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
my only customer wants me to completely kill his grass in the back yard & start over fresh how should i go about doing it cheaply & fast i was thinking cover the yard in garden plastic for a couple weeks ya know the stuff u put under mulch to help keep weeds from comeing up in the garden, my other thought was to just burn all the weeds & grass down with a propane roofing torch!!! its a very small yard he also wants to put fresh top soil down to re seed with a higher quality grass he has a cheap poor quality contractors seed mix as it is also i could use some serious help in estimating this job as well

picframer
04-02-2010, 04:43 AM
We have propane torches but the customer has to use them, we are not covered in the event of fire, although I am not allowed to do the next step either due to laws here, round up pro then till everything under, level and add top soil and seeed.

RBSlawncare
04-03-2010, 03:02 AM
is there any other option? how thick of top soil would i have to put down to jus kill the old grass?

picframer
04-03-2010, 04:17 AM
is there any other option? how thick of top soil would i have to put down to jus kill the old grass?

Problem is the weeds will take off like no tomorrow with new top soil before the grass takes hold probably resulting in a call from the customer.

Steve
04-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Can you rototill the yard and then add some topsoil and seed?