PDA

View Full Version : What are some things I should do each time I start my mower?

SuperiorPower
03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
This is especially true for anyone who uses their mower for more than just their own yard. For you commercial guys, do this at least once per day. More often than once per day sure doesn't hurt. Doing this every time you fill the fuel tank or at each "break" is a great idea. It takes only a few moments and may ensure that you have fewer problems with your machine and do a better job of mowing.

What are some things I should do each time I start my mower?

http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,314.0.html

CHEESE2009
03-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Great post/ reminder!

Gotta check out my oil levels!

Thanks!

SuperiorPower
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
You are welcome! I try to provide good content that is helpful. There is a lot more helpful info over there!

And yes, check your oil level is very important. And changing it when it should be changed. Lawn mower engines tend to endure extreme punishment...

rbljack
04-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Im starting in lawn care this year, and before the season started..i prepped/inspected all my equipment (in the middle of march). Here in texas..its dusty and dry, and Ive been using the equipment for about 3 weeks. One mower was acting up today, and not running smoothly. At first i thought..maybe bad gas, or air in the line. Shut the mower down, and decided to check the air filter which was COMPLETELY clogged up! Doesnt take long in dusty conditions like this early season. Add to that, more sticks on the blades, etc etc etc.

Im going to start checking the equipment much more often now that Im maintaining more lawns! Definiltly good advice to follow! thanks for posting!