PDA

View Full Version : Letters/flyer to other lawn care companies

jklawncare
03-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone its me again
I got a flyer on my mailbox from my neighbor for his lawn care company.
I got another from someone else as well.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips to writing letters or flyers to these other companies

Me and my neighbor are pretty cool..he plowed my private road all winter since i didnt have my truck yet.

(snow plows dont plow my road..its rock and theres only 2 houses on it)

but i wanted to make some special flyers to hand out..maybe a letter on the reverse side..maybe mentioning something about a contract not to attack one anothers customers..

CHEESE2009
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
maybe mentioning something about a contract not to attack one anothers customers..

It's his weakness, not yours right now. No need for a contract like that :P

Here is the truth,

The best clients, are those who have hired a company already.

It's very difficult to turn D.I.Y'fers into clients compared to marketing to those who are already willing to pay a company for the same services you are offering.

Maybe in time, his customers might be in your best interest... DUNnn DUNNnn DUNNNNN!!!

jklawncare
03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
Thats true..thanks for that..at first i was just gonna make a special flyer for him to announce im open officially and im in town..maybe i should creep under the rug for a bit anyways..catch him off guard ahah

CHEESE2009
03-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Thats true..thanks for that..at first i was just gonna make a special flyer for him to announce im open officially and im in town..maybe i should creep under the rug for a bit anyways..catch him off guard ahah

That's the spirit!

LMAO

picframer
03-31-2010, 04:18 AM
Personally I would not contact other service providers as it would serve no purpose, I look at flyers others put out, look for things I like and things I don't it's actually an advantage.

We have taken a lot of clients from much larger companies than ours last year and we are back at it this year, if they were to contact me I would blow it off, it's a free market and if they can not provide the service the customers want we will.

Steve
03-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Like Andy said, look at what others are doing and find a niche that they are not filling. If you fill it, you will get the business. Play up your positives and play down your weaknesses.

I'd love to see what you come up with.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips to writing letters or flyers to these other companies

Why would you want to contact them?