PDA

View Full Version : do you fertilize

Rexdale Grass
03-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I have been doing some basic fertilizing and it's really a good cash grab for what you have to do. Now I have a local supplier and I tend to used what they suggest and they haven't done me wrong but what I want to know is when do you think is a good time for spring fertilizer. Now so you know I tend to just do spring and fall fert. the spring is a 35-5-10 and the fall if i remember 5-10-15.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Im not sure I understand the question? If your intrested in a better product look into the natures lawn liquid fertilizers. Sounds like the pelletized fertilizer makes the ground infertile making the grass dependent on the fertilizers. Just a thought.....

Rexdale Grass
03-30-2010, 12:46 AM
well it's all slow release and granular that I use liquids are too involved

picframer
03-30-2010, 07:21 AM
well it's all slow release and granular that I use liquids are too involved

Liquids and what is available will results in a client having a superior lawn, I base this on over 200 locations we spray. Lawns can become dependant on chemicals and being a person with a well and most of our clients have wells, chemicals is something I am not interested in.

I am curious why you feel liquids are too involved? The profit margin is at least 3 times that of granular and it's as fast if not faster to apply.

mark123
03-30-2010, 09:48 AM
... I am curious why you feel liquids are too involved? The profit margin is at least 3 times that of granular and it's as fast if not faster to apply.
This is the conclusion I'm coming to as well. The reason I avoided it in the past was due to the toxicity of the synthetic versions. Granular was just safer for the applicator. I'm getting into the organic side of things thanks to the postings by swstout and picframer and others here. It just makes more sense.

Rexdale Grass
03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
The to involved part for me is due to the fact that I'm a one man show for the most part and I like how quickly I can get the product down now I know that liquid is just as fast and probably yields better results but from what I under stand the fert im using is not organic but looks like small rocks and little white and yellow balls not to get too technical. I don't us chemical seeing as how they are banned in toronto.