PDA

View Full Version : Mowboy, upcoming book?

Steve
07-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Mowboy,

Can we get any sneak peaks at what you may be discussing in your next book?

mowboy
07-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey Team Gopher,

Well, the new edition is still quite a few months away but I have had some thoughts stewing.

- I'd like to expand on the marketing chapter to provide more ideas and to be a little more specific in the advice. This forum is a great food for thought for me in the marketing area... lots of great ideas! I would like to provide more samples on the CD too.

- I would also like to expand on how to bid commercial properties. I actually had a section on this for the first book but the publisher cut it down significantly! However, I think this is very important info so it will have to be in the next book.

- Finally, I would like to describe some specific systems. Ideas are great and general advice is helpful but the best thing is to explain a proven system to people so that they can replicate it. For example, I could describe how to keep your books and schedule using Gopher software! (I'm serious, with the QB link you have a great system).

So that's what I've come up with so far. Of course, I will have to cut some areas to fit the above in but I have some ideas of where to do that.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to add to or improve my book I would love to hear them. Just post it here.

Thanks for your support *http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Steve
07-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank you in return.

If you need graphics for your book's cd let us know. We have 100's of graphics now. Including the web templates. You could really put together a killer cd.

tiedeman
07-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Thats cool!

I have always wanted to write a book about my experiences in the industry and customers in general. Imagine the stories about customers that I would write (of course I would change their names)

Steve
07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
What's stopping you from doing it?