PDA

View Full Version : OK I've named the business...Now my logo needs help

cmpenn67
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
If anyone wants to help out I'm looking for some ideas on a logo. Or who I could go to that would do a nice job of creating one.

Business name : Field of Dreams Lawn Care

I named it that because I have a huge background in baseball, its been my life up until this point. I have played all my life and am currently a high school coach and teacher so I named it after something that means alot to me (and I love the way baseball fields look after their mowed). Here is my delima... I don't want people to think so much about the sport as I want them to think of the business as a way to make thier yard dream like and a place they can enjoy. So with that if anyone has any suggestions on design and colors I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Curtis

CHEESE2009
03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
I picture a soft cloud, with a smiling sun which has a rainbow mustache!

seriously!

OR a picture of a lawn, & the trail "stripe" from a lawnmower is a rainbow.

THAT would be cool

cmpenn67
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
lol....yeah i thought of that ran it by my wife and she xed that one out....lol

CHEESE2009
03-29-2010, 01:25 PM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/fieldofdreams.jpg

LOL

I'll think of moreeee

Steve
03-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Here is my delima... I don't want people to think so much about the sport as I want them to think of the business as a way to make thier yard dream like and a place they can enjoy

This is a fascinating topic. When I first thought of your business name, I thought of the movie and then thought to myself, here is a company that can make a lawn look as great as a baseball field.

I do wonder which way would help you sell more.

What is your view on the connection of sports turf and residential lawns. Do you think that is a selling point? Do people want their lawns to look like baseball fields?

cmpenn67
03-29-2010, 09:38 PM
I thought of the movie and then thought to myself, here is a company that can make a lawn look as great as a baseball field.

I do wonder which way would help you sell more.

What is your view on the connection of sports turf and residential lawns. Do you think that is a selling point? Do people want their lawns to look like baseball fields?

You know when you think of it like that It would be nice to sell people on that idea...It would be tough here in south east texas because on the baseball fields we use tiff 419 and most lawns around here are st. augustine. I know I take pride in the way my baseball field looks when its mowed and how much work we put into it. I know there has to be a lot of other people that admire the look of sports fields in general and probably wish they had something similar.

I would love to do something with a baseball diamond behind it or something like that I just don't want people to think i do sports fields right away. As I grow I would love to branch off into that. But since I don't personally own the equipment to do that it would be tough to start out that way right now.

Steve
03-30-2010, 08:31 PM
It would be tough here in south east texas because on the baseball fields we use tiff 419 and most lawns around here are st. augustine.

But how many people would know that? I bet most wouldn't.

I take pride in the way my baseball field looks when its mowed and how much work we put into it.

Oh that is awesome! You take care of your baseball field too? Could you contact the newspaper and tell them how you take care of the field and are starting a lawn care business now too? That could get you a lot of attention.

I would love to do something with a baseball diamond behind it or something like that I just don't want people to think i do sports fields right away.

I like it! It could really make you stand out! Plus you could play up the part that you are a coach! This is a great theme.

The Cleaning Doctor
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
You could do something like this.

picframer
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
You could do something like this.

Not only do I love the name and feel from a marketing standpoint it will be a hit, I love the logo done by Cleaning Doctor