PDA

View Full Version : a lil help!

kdvandco
03-29-2010, 12:02 AM
OK I recently sold my original walk behind and purchased a used 2007 CC LT1045 keep in mind I only do small jobs and empty lots,

now the rider I just bought is great only one thing Ive noticed so far, without the pto engaged the motor seems to whine up and down when just sitting there .. at hi it runs strong and you can hear it whining up and down like uuuuum um uuuum um, lol

but when in low just sittin there( no pto) its more pronounced, like uuumm uuumm uuuuummmm uuuuuum lol

when I say hi and low I guess im saying the position of the throttle ie rabbit-hare, sorry I don't know much since Ive been lucky to not ever really need any maintenance other than routine so I don't really know how to explain it.

I figure its either an air filter deal, fuel deal, or spark deal, any ideas?

kdvandco
03-29-2010, 12:05 AM
wow Im horrible at explaining things ie rabbit-turtle,

sorry ,,, one two many Coronitas!

CHEESE2009
03-29-2010, 10:14 AM
uuumm uuumm uuuuummmm uuuuuum lol

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHA!!!

You should talk to the member SuperiorPower

:)!

Jack Rabbit
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Yeah Superior Power has used a lot of equipment and knows about this stuff. I'll bet he can help.

Umm uh pop clank ... I know a guy, jet and auto mechanic, who can do a pretty good job of diagnosing an engine problem from people verbally imitating the engine sounds.

Steve
03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with the fuel, where the carburetor fuel bowl is filling up and then running but then bogging down as it empties and refills. Is it possible the float inside it is sticking?

Another thing I wonder if there is some type of governor that is making this happen.

kdvandco
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
keep it comin keep it coming ill post a video of what its doing tomorrow, and maybe that'll get me a cheap estimate!

Steve
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
I figure its either an air filter deal, fuel deal, or spark deal, any ideas?

Why not change all these and then clean the carb out too?

kdvandco
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
i was looking at old post and never told you guys what was wrong with this one..

the next time after i used it when making that sound. it died.. i soon realized it was out of gas. thats all it was. can you believe that.

I had not used the mower since the sound which had been about a month in between. so I never checked this post after i figured out my knuckle head mistake.

speaking of knuckle head mistakes remind me to start a thread called that.

jymie
02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Don't forget to start a new thread about knucklehead mistakes... :D

Steve
02-02-2011, 08:33 AM
LOL Well, I am glad that is all it was.

Are there more mistakes that have been made that would make for a good post?