PDA

View Full Version : Monster leaf bag

Steve
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
What's your thoughts on this product? Could it be a cost effective way for commercial leaf clean up usage?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xpm_zEames&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8xpm_zEames&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

jklawncare
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I think its a good idea if your short on budget..
i think its a better idea to make your own

the monster leaf bag is 40 bucks plus shipping
heres my plan
make your own monster leaf bag:
one 12'x16' tarp (bigger than the monster leaf bag): about 20$
one gromet kit about 8$
nylon rope or twine..something of that nature around 5-10$

or you can fuse the tarp together with a heat gun..free
so that would only be 20$ for the tarp (if you have a heat gun)

so you saved 20 bucks plus however much shipping was
and yours is bigger than the monster leaf bag :)

Kinda cheap but if you do it right it will work just fine..worst case senario
you mulch the leaves too much and they find a way out of the bag (if you spaced gromets too far apart) and youll have to do a quick run by with a backpack vac..

but it looks like it would be a decent product..i wouldnt like how it pats the grass down though..

CHEESE2009
03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't like it, though it looks easy to drag considering the material is the same as a tarp.

It'd be good for clients where you don't have to bring the leaves with you, you could just drag em' into the forest.

I would never use it. It saves time in a sense, but not overall.

If you have an area to dump... Just use a tarp, drag it to the truck.. Fold it.. Lift & dump the leaves into the truck... Get to the dump, rake/blow the leaves into a pile... leave.. lol

I wonder how heavy this bag can get, that is my biggest concern. If they are manageable, you'd probably need 3-4 of these bags.

I also think they would be easy to replicate for less $.