PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trucks

jklawncare
03-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone
my dad actually called these to my interest..i figured there pretty cheap (averaging 9500) and have all the same features as a normal truck only there tiny..

Heres some of the features.. 4x4 that compares to other trucks, Heating, AC, Dump capabilities, radio, power steering, and removable doors.

ill include some photos so you can see what im talking about but if you wanna learn more you can just do a google search

The driving wheel is on the right side cause they are all japanese made.

I figure its small so it will gain alot of attention cause no one around here has them or likely has never seen one.

Also it would be cheap to wrap the entire thing in a graphic and i can just drive it around as an advertisement truck even.. I dont have alot of equipment..so hauling it wont be an issue.

What are your opinions?

mark123
03-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Are they street legal?

picframer
03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Are they street legal?

We looked at these last year for the lawn care guys and backed away, could not get them serviced locally and no parts.

jklawncare
03-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Here in indiana i believe they are but if not you can get it tagged..
Ive seen them drive around in indiana but not in my area..

it varies from state to state so im not sure youd have to look into it

and as for parts and not being able to get worked on i havnt looked that deep into them i just thought it would be a great advertisement gimmick and more efficient than running a big truck to pull a acouple 22" mowers a trimmer and blower

jessechaveriat
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
if i had one of these, i would totally grow a mullet!

Steve
03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
We looked at these last year for the lawn care guys and backed away, could not get them serviced locally and no parts.

Were their any parts available on the web? Or no? I see that they are Mitsubishi? I am guessing they are manufactured in Japan? Would parts have to come from there? That could be a HUGE pain.

jasonw
03-30-2010, 09:07 AM
if i had one of these, i would totally grow a mullet!

HAHA, it would spend more time in the mud then hauling the mower if I had one.

racerdude711
03-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I think for where your at right now it may seem like a good idea, but if you grow more business and equipment, I could see it becoming impractical very fast. Your not going to be able to haul any mowers probably bigger that ur 21". If I was you, I would spend the $9500 on a regular truck, get some vinal on it, and you'll be set. In the future, get a enclosed trailer and wrap the trailer.

jasonw
03-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I think for where your at right now it may seem like a good idea, but if you grow more business and equipment, I could see it becoming impractical very fast. Your not going to be able to haul any mowers probably bigger that ur 21". If I was you, I would spend the $9500 on a regular truck, get some vinal on it, and you'll be set. In the future, get a enclosed trailer and wrap the trailer.

I agree with the big truck but not the price. Mine was only 2,860. On that note I do use a Ram 1500 for business and still find myself short on space. Guess I should have got a long bed.

Steve
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
It would stand out though and potentially get people talking. You might even be able to wrangle out a newspaper article on it.

jklawncare
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The Main idea behind it would be for advertisement and it would be ALOT cheaper to get a vinyl completely wrapping it..

one of the things we are advertising that stands apart from the rest is no heavy machinery..thats becuase we cant afford it..and once we can..we will buy it and if theres someone that dosnt want it on there lawn we will make them pay a small fee to keep the light machines due to extra labor..or acutually..if they are loyal customers ill keep the same price to make them happy but to the new ones ill bump it up..i can drive it to school and around town and such..even to go to ace hardware or lowes to get extra stuff if i need it..

jasonw
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
The Main idea behind it would be for advertisement and it would be ALOT cheaper to get a vinyl completely wrapping it..

one of the things we are advertising that stands apart from the rest is no heavy machinery..thats becuase we cant afford it..and once we can..we will buy it and if theres someone that dosnt want it on there lawn we will make them pay a small fee to keep the light machines due to extra labor..or acutually..if they are loyal customers ill keep the same price to make them happy but to the new ones ill bump it up..i can drive it to school and around town and such..even to go to ace hardware or lowes to get extra stuff if i need it..

I am sorry but that plan sounds destined for failure. The cost of buying a truck, having it imported and or any other cost for getting it licensed for our roads will far far out weigh the cost of wrapping a regular truck. On that same note I would not tell your clients you dont use HE because you cant afford it. My modo is and has been if I dont have what I need I will buy it. This sends a message that business is good, it must be good because I am good there for if I can just go buy what I need any time I want it makes everything all in all look better for me. I just dont tell them I pay for the stuff out of my pocket because my business is poor lol. I would say some day when you are at the head of a multi million dollar corporation sure, buy the truck for a promo to drive in a parade or something.

SuperiorPower
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
I am sorry but that plan sounds destined for failure. The cost of buying a truck, having it imported and or any other cost for getting it licensed for our roads will far far out weigh the cost of wrapping a regular truck. On that same note I would not tell your clients you dont use HE because you cant afford it. My modo is and has been if I dont have what I need I will buy it. This sends a message that business is good, it must be good because I am good there for if I can just go buy what I need any time I want it makes everything all in all look better for me. I just dont tell them I pay for the stuff out of my pocket because my business is poor lol. I would say some day when you are at the head of a multi million dollar corporation sure, buy the truck for a promo to drive in a parade or something.

I think I have to agree with Jason.

However, a pro to buying one of these is going to be the fuel consumption. But there are SO many cons that its not even funny...

-Space in the back
-Initial cost (you can buy a lot of truck for the same price)
-Parts availability
-Serviceability
-Can it be legally operated in your state without registration? (most likely not)
-Can it be registered in your state? (again, most likely not)

As far as the last 2 points, you could check into it but I know in Missouri they can not be registered. Also, they can not be operated on a roadway unless they are operated in the same way and the same purposes as ATVs are permitted to be operated on the roadway (only for agricultural purposes, and certain hours of the day).

Before you even consider it, you have bit of homework to do. And even then, you have to ask yourself, is it really practical in the long run?

Would you buy a $9500 mower if you knew it would only work for a short while?

Here is another thought..... You will have to gain an AWFUL LOT of business to offset the cost difference. This is especially true when you consider its limited usefulness/productivity due to its size. And consider that parts and service is likely almost none existent....

Good luck and let you know what you decide!
Eli

Steve
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM
I was thinking, I don't know the legallity of this but, could you do something similar with a golf cart? Can you drive a golf cart around maybe even with a small trailer and still get a lot of attention? Would it be cheaper than the mini truck?

SuperiorPower
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I was thinking, I don't know the legallity of this but, could you do something similar with a golf cart? Can you drive a golf cart around maybe even with a small trailer and still get a lot of attention? Would it be cheaper than the mini truck?

Golf carts would be cheaper, but again, you would have to check to see if its legal. A problem I see is that it may be too much of a load for the cart to pull.

jklawncare
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM
a golf cart is a great idea actually..and i wasnt looking to purchase one now..i just thought id show the forum and thought it was a neat idea..

theres a custom golfcart shop uptown..called lancam..i believe..they make custom golfcarts for the schools football team..anyone that wants them..they acan to about anything ..i saw one with 24's and i saw one that modeled a 76 mustang

and they are legal in my town to ride..

also i wouldnt have to import the mini truck and they are legal where i am..

jasonw
04-01-2010, 01:45 AM
Golf carts would be cheaper, but again, you would have to check to see if its legal. A problem I see is that it may be too much of a load for the cart to pull.

The problem is our ****y country. A little truck like this probably give bikes a run for there money but its so cheap and would hurt big oil so bad they wont allow it. Way to go again USA.