PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back

swstout
03-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Itís been a bad month. Five deaths (3 in my family and 2 in my wifeís). We have been in Connecticut, New York, Florida, and Oregon. Iíve been in forum withdrawal! To add to the problems, when we finally got back home, we found we were robbed. Both computers were gone along with our refrig, stove, dish washer and heat pump.

We have replacement insurance but we had to get some things to survive before the insurance came through. The check came today (yesterday now) so I picked up a new computer. Fortunately, I have online backup so later today I will get back up and running.

Steve

picframer
03-26-2010, 04:27 AM
My gosh Steve I am very sorry to hear that you had to go through such a tragic month, man that must have been and must be tough, it's good to have you back, I have been wondering what happened, keep your chin up bud!

SuperiorPower
03-26-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that Steve. That makes for hard times with all that.

I was wondering where you have been since I hadn't seen your comments anywhere for a while. I hope all things work out for you! Let us know if there is anything we can do! And like Andy said, keep your chin up.

XtreemGreen
03-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Sorry to hear that Steve... I hope nothing else goes wrong...

CHEESE2009
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Holy crap!

That is one stressful month my friend!

Now that you are home, what are you going to do about security? I suppose you could always keep a vehicle outside, even when you are not home... Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway for awhile.

I think I would go on a rampage if something like that were to happen to me. I'm glad you are back on the forum & doing alright!

Take care!!!! Take lots of it!!! :p

swstout
03-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Holy crap!

That is one stressful month my friend!

Now that you are home, what are you going to do about security? I suppose you could always keep a vehicle outside, even when you are not home... Ask a neighbor to park in your driveway for awhile.

I think I would go on a rampage if something like that were to happen to me. I'm glad you are back on the forum & doing alright!

Take care!!!! Take lots of it!!! :p

Monday, I am having a monitored security system installed. $199.00 and then $39.00 a month. It will have CO minotor, Fire, Intrusion, Motion Detectors and Video.

My insurance agent said it would reduct my premiums by about 15% (he set me up with the company for the installation).

This is something I never thought I would do! Times, they are a changing!

Steve

Steve
03-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I am very sorry about all that Steve. I am happy to see you back though. We all miss you when you are not here.

Which security systems did you check out and what did you like or dislike about them?

swstout
03-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I am very sorry about all that Steve. I am happy to see you back though. We all miss you when you are not here.

Which security systems did you check out and what did you like or dislike about them?

I didnít check out any of the security systems. I went with my agents recommendation (he has it on his own home).
I liked the features this local company offered so I didnít check further. Better Business bureau gave good rating.
Features:
Video cameras of front and read doors with 9" monitors.
Motion detectors in every room.
Automatic security lights front and back.
Carbon monoxide detector
Smoke detectors in bedrooms, kitchen, and living room.
Signs - ďNo Trespassing, SURVIVORS will be prosecuted!
Motion detector video cameras that stream video to their office where it is recorded (recordings not kept on premise).
Whole system monitored 24/7
House lights turned on from car.

Steve

CHEESE2009
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
You should set up some traps!

http://www.cotef.org/_/rsrc/1239494986257/skills/traps/Traps%20024.jpg

I can't believe they took all that stuff! I wonder if they had to make trips back & forth to your property to take all of it.

Maybe they had a truck/van..

CSI Lawn Service edition!

I hope these pricks are caught & do some hard time.

SuperiorPower
03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Scott's post reminded me of these posts...

How to set up a home security system (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,48.0.html).

Jesus is watching you (http://lawnmowerforum.superiorpowerequip.com/index.php/topic,216.0.html)

mark123
03-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles. :(

I was wondering how you were doing. I hope everything gets better from here on out.

MikeO
03-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss's. Times are changing for sure.

Fresh Cut
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear that, Steve.