PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get a job

CHEESE2009
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
I got a call from one of my customers neighbors.

She wanted garden maintenance.

I told her lawn maintenance clients get a special price for garden maintenance.

She wasn't interested in lawn maintenance :mad:

I could have taken her up to maintain her garden without providing lawn maintenance, but being my customers neighbor - I didn't just want her for garden maintenance alone.

I told her my offer, & she said, "I'm not interested, goodbye *click*"

GET OFF MY PHONE LADY!:mad::mad::mad:

She has a really small garden, honestly it'd take me 20 minutes to bang out... Why would I even bother? That's peanuts. If she wont hire me for lawn maintenance, it's not like what I'd charge her will be of any interest to her.

20 minutes of work... Wow, I'd charge her $45.00. Though, I would have done it for $15.00 if she was a lawn maintenance client.

So she lost a good offer, & a fair discount for monthly garden maintenance.

I'm just a prick today, lol. I hate when customers neighbors don't hire me.:p

I had morning though.... I went for a walk & I saw some old lady cutting down branches in her backyard... Well, I snuck up to their home & put a business card in their door :P

I had a big arse cheese burger, & it's not sitting well.

Let's see what happens.

jessechaveriat
03-24-2010, 02:49 PM
i got a lady that called me today and asked if removing leaves, weading the garden, muching it, and making a compost pile was included in the price of my mowing package. she has about 3/4 of an acre. I do a few of her neighbors for $29. so i said id cut, trim and blow for 29. She was all bent out of shape when i told her it would be around 400 bucks. i asked her how could i include 8 hours of labor, and 120 bucks worth of product on top of mowing for 29???!?!?!? she said, well im a single lady and i dont wanna get out there and do it.

nice excuse lady

CHEESE2009
03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL. People are crazy.

My day got better.... I received yet another neighbor as a client!

I'm very pleased, but I'm still greedy & want more customers... :D

Steve
03-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I got a call from one of my customers neighbors.

She wanted garden maintenance.

I told her lawn maintenance clients get a special price for garden maintenance.

She wasn't interested in lawn maintenance

I could have taken her up to maintain her garden without providing lawn maintenance, but being my customers neighbor - I didn't just want her for garden maintenance alone.

Do you think if you did even this simple job, it might have helped you in the future reach out to others?

CHEESE2009
03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Do you think if you did even this simple job, it might have helped you in the future reach out to others?

Not this time unfortunately.

The garden was in the back yard, no one would have seen my weeder do the job. (My truck wouldn't even be there as I just drop off crew).

The neighbors already know of me, several have hired me, the others cut their own lawn.

If I liked this ladies attitude, I would have done the work, & maybe she could have told all her friends... I just wasn't feeling it with her, I doubt she could have referred me.

picframer
03-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I would have taken it simply because it's a neighbour of a client, granted a small job but look at the bigger picture, she has a network you haven't accessed yet, I am also a big believer in not burning bridges, who knows if you did a good job on the gardens it could and probably would lead to other work and referrals.

Steve
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Is it possible she has lived there for a long time? Maybe she has friends or family that she would talk to and tell them how this nice young man named Cheese2009 had done such a great job on her garden. Oh and by the way here is his card.