PDA

View Full Version : I need advice for starting this year.

lawn mowering
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
I am trying to get started this year and there are alot of competitors I have to do upkeep on my lawn mower and I dont own a weed eater. not to mention I dont have a pickup or trailer. I currently literally have a total of $5. Not 500 Not 5K just 5 dollars. I could buy gas and try door to door? im really in the gutter here.please help

Jack Rabbit
03-24-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm starting out with almost nothing too. I'm borrowing tools from friends to get started. Use hand tools or manual labor instead of power tools until you earn some money for tools.

What kind of situation are you in? Are you a kid looking for some spending money or are you looking to pay your bills or build up a thriving business?

shahoo80
03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
If I was in your shoes Just to start making some money this is what I would do:
First if you have a PC then make up some kind of Flyer to hand out while going door to door and ask if there is anything that you could do for the homeowner. If the homeowner then says no then ask of they may know of anybody that might need something done. This will start your networking and they might remember you and your number. Once you land a job or two start getting the tools that is needed and advertise more and more. Using your own PC will cost pennies and make as much as possible to start getting your name out.

Good Luck!

jasonw
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I am trying to get started this year and there are alot of competitors I have to do upkeep on my lawn mower and I dont own a weed eater. not to mention I dont have a pickup or trailer. I currently literally have a total of $5. Not 500 Not 5K just 5 dollars. I could buy gas and try door to door? im really in the gutter here.please help

Here are the steps you need to take.

1- Goto lowes
2- Fill out CC application
3- Get approved "Its very easy and they do it on the spot"
4- Get equipment, Starting limit on CC is $500 this is more than enough to get what you need
5- Go make money
6- Pay off lowes card ASAP
7- Share the story with your kids on how you went into business with $5.

jessechaveriat
03-24-2010, 02:55 PM
start pulling weeds in gardens. just takes a pair of hands. ask neighbors, and family. Leaf removal too. bag em up, take em to the dump.

Steve
03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
lawn mowering,

You only need to make 1 post. When you make 3 with the same question, it doesn't help keep the flow of the answers all together and provide you with the best overall picture.

yrd man
08-16-2010, 07:17 PM
One of the hardest things to do is to get started when you have nothing. Save every penny that you have and buy a cheap pick up truck and then fix it up the best you can. Advertise over the internet, like on craigslist. True there is a lot of BS on these sites and some unscrupulous people who are looking for something for nothing, but there are also good gigs also. Stick close to your local area and build a reputation for integrity and a picture perfect job.. When you make some money get insurance immediately, it can really cover your behind if something goes wrong and people sue you. Donate your time to a used car dealer for a cheap pick up truck and pay him whatever you can afford. Stay away from the nay sayers, they are losers, and first and foremost, never give up!

StartALawnCareBusiness
09-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Stay away from the nay sayers, they are losers, and first and foremost, never give up!

That is a very important opinion. Naysayers will bring you down and they add nothing of value to your efforts to make a better life for yourself. It is a shame but there will ALWAYS be negative people in anything you try to do.

Don't listen to them. Don't let them dictate your direction. Instead, find people who are successful in their businesses. Emulate those successful people and don't let hardships stand in the way of your dreams.

The original post was made back in March. I would love to hear if he had a successful summer after starting with only $5.00 in his pocket.

Keith