PDA

View Full Version : Question

whitearc7
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I have a commercial client (my first) Who wants me to turn in a bill at the time work is completed. Which is to be signed by our employee, and their manager. Copys for both parties.
Is this common practice? Does anyone have a billing form I could look at?
Is it ok for the employee to know what I'm charging my client?
Also is it customary for the client to pay out every 15 days?
Thx Kim

picframer
03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I have a commercial client (my first) Who wants me to turn in a bill at the time work is completed. Which is to be signed by our employee, and their manager. Copys for both parties.
Is it ok for the employee to know what I'm charging my client?
Also is it customary for the client to pay out every 15 days?
Thx Kim

This process is common in commercial work as the owner or property manager wants to ensure you were there, we email the night before and each crew has a copy of the invoices, if a signature is required then they get it.

As for payment I guess it depends, I personally do not have any clients that do not pay when the job is done, we have just over 200 clients however over 95% is residential, I do not push commercial as I know even from my banking days they are slow paying and I am not a bank.

jymie
03-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I have been using the gopher lawn care business software (http://www.gophersoftware.com) to keep track of our invoicing and scheduling. It is a good investment for us and you can get it as a 30 day trial so you can try it out before you buy it. Look in the right side of the page for the download link. It automates the process for you.

Steve
03-23-2010, 09:34 PM

In such a situation where you don't want the employee to know what you are charging, would it be possible to just have then sign that you were indeed there and performed the service and then email the bill or mail it?

This process is common in commercial work as the owner or property manager wants to ensure you were there, we email the night before and each crew has a copy of the invoices, if a signature is required then they get it.

Is it ever an issue for you to have your employees knowing what you are charging?

picframer
03-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Is it ever an issue for you to have your employees knowing what you are charging?

Not in the lawn care side, everything else we do I handle invoices and payment before we even start as some jobs are in the thousands. I pay the employees very well and they are a pretty smart group, they understand the way I do things cost's a fair amount of cash and with all this equipment they know it is a very large investment, I have never had an issue and honestly don't have anything to hide.

If it were a concern I would talk to the property manager and arrange a purchase order type system that did not include pricing.

whitearc7
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks Andy.:D

Steve
03-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Keep us posted on how this turns out.