PDA

View Full Version : New Business onwer

cahoon6770
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Hello all,
Brand new lawn care business owner here. 1 man op to start and have my first estimate monday the 22nd....NERVOUS! Started this with a $7K credit union loan...bought a new 50" Gravely zero turn, Stihl trimmer with edger & blower attachments, and 10'x83" landscape trailer. I just wanted to do this for myself before I got too old (42). I have the drive to suceed and I feel my strength is in marketing. I hope and pray for great business! Thanks to all ya and this site for all the info and help! Shannon Barrios

Steve
03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi Shannon,

Welcome to our forum!

I feel my strength is in marketing.

What do you feel you will be doing to make your new business stand out?

cahoon6770
03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
I want to do quality work so referrals start coming in...go the extra mile...do the small things someone else may not even think twice about,(rake a small amount of leaves or grass no charge or hand the mouning newspaper to them or bring in their trash from the street) even if its not lawn related. Comunication will also be a big thing....if the client wants to engage in a little conversation then do it and build common ground with him. I have been in sales for 15 yrs and now will market and sale myself & my services. I beleive that word of mouth travels far and fast. That I feel can make or break you. Man I am excited to get going....THX! :)

Steve
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I have been in sales for 15 yrs and now will market and sale myself & my services.

With all your years of experience, what do you feel are the top 5 things a lawn care business owner should focus on doing to improve their sales?

Are there any sales tips or tricks you learned in the past that you feel can be applied to the lawn care business?