PDA

View Full Version : Commercial vs Res Edgeing Price

superrman77
03-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Guys I have a question. I am working on a commercial bid and I have to edge the property 4 times during the season. I have a little over 4,000ft. Mostly sidewalks and curbs. When I do residential I usually price about 75 cents a foot. But I know I can not get away with that in commercial. Just wanting some insight on how to price it commercial.
Thanks

Steve
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Do you have to itemize the cost for each service in the bid or will it list all the services and then show one sum?

I have a little over 4,000ft

How long would that take each time? How much do you need to charge per hour to operate?

superrman77
03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the reply Steve. I do have do itemize the edging. This is for hard edging not bed edging. I charge 40.00 an hour. This is my first year in commercial. The edging and hedges are prices together. I also have to add the cost of leaf removal in the mowing cost. I do know what it cost to operate my business to the penny. I am a 1 man operation with a helper when I need it. I have measured everything.
The bid breaks down into 4 cost:

Cost for Mowing/Cost for edging,shrub/Cost for fertilization/Cost for Mulch

Thanks for the help!

Steve
03-21-2010, 03:05 PM
If you can estimate the amount of time the job would take, then scale up from some of your residential prices.

ex: If an average lawn takes you a half hour and this commercial property is going to take you 2 hours, that is 4 x the man hours. You could simply multiply your bid by 4 x the average residential property price then.