PDA

View Full Version : Investing

JR-
03-20-2010, 12:55 AM
It has been in the back of my mind for years.. It sicking me knowing i have money in the bank not earning much.. I feel internet selling would be a good hit.. So many ways into marketing your items. Just finding the demand in your products would be the tricky part to be able to come out profitable. Everything else wouldn't be much time consuming.

Steve
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
What are you thinking about doing?

JR-
03-21-2010, 01:48 AM
What are you thinking about doing?

Whole selling, selling things on the net your products are on market 24/7 everyday. I haven't looked into much at all more less to busy this winter researching on getting my lawn care business moving but i feel if i could be good at finding the demand in many different types of products it could be worth quiting my full time job, the job that reminds me working for other people sucks heh

JR-
03-21-2010, 01:50 AM
what do you think about it ?

Steve
03-21-2010, 04:07 PM
There are many people we have seen on here that do many things. Some go to auctions and find products they can sell online.

You could experiment and come up with something I am sure.

JR-
03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
So alittle off topic but buying out an company what does that really mean are you buying there customers or everything that company owns ?

picframer
03-22-2010, 05:57 AM
So alittle off topic but buying out an company what does that really mean are you buying there customers or everything that company owns ?

Generally speaking you would be buying the contracts and contact list, one thing to keep in mind and you may want to ask a lawyer first, the seller can sign a non comp agreement however the law here is if the seller was making a living at the business then they can simply start back up again, they can not solicit any clients you bought however if that client approaches them and goes with them then there isn't much you can do.

In my banking days I have seen this quite a bit, even attended court to see various trials, so be very careful.

Did you consider buying equipment to expand your service offerings? Ask or advertise an idea and see how the response is and take it from there.

JP Landscaping
03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
typically it means buying the company name, its assets, and customer contracts. If you were buying A Lawn Company then you would buy the name, the equipment, and the contracts it holds, but you wouldn't be able to just buy the customers because if they don't have a contract they can just leave you.

Steve
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
if the seller was making a living at the business then they can simply start back up again, they can not solicit any clients you bought however if that client approaches them and goes with them then there isn't much you can do.

In my banking days I have seen this quite a bit, even attended court to see various trials, so be very careful.

Do you feel these things are pre-planned before the sale happens or just human nature where the customer and service provider have a bound that the customer wants back?