PDA

View Full Version : John deere Eztrack Z425 54''

JR-
03-19-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing a zero-turn mower new. Any of you have any experience with this mower?

Steve
03-20-2010, 09:02 PM
What is the price on that one and what about it stood out to you?

JR-
03-21-2010, 12:34 AM
What is the price on that one and what about it stood out to you?

4,000.00 best to used 3,500 with 100 hrs on it another 100 warrenty is gone.. but i've always liked the B & S engines, haven't had problems and it's a 23 hp. did alittle internet surfing for customer review 1 out of 4 or 5 people didn't like this mower others gave it a 4.5 or 5 star rating.. Figured a zero turn would be a good way to save time when workin for yourself. though i did compare with others but anything to come close was a cub cadet z track zero turn but john deere's seemed to be better designed and with the type of motor i find very reliable plus i would be able to trade in and upgrade to get the type of zero turns i really like...

picframer
03-21-2010, 05:25 AM
The quality of the cut is very, very good, has a good engine with smooth controls. Just keep in mind this is the residential grade unit however it will still pay for itself many times over, personally I would buy new and get the warranty, for the small price difference I think $500.00 is worth it.

JR-
03-22-2010, 12:36 AM
The quality of the cut is very, very good, has a good engine with smooth controls. Just keep in mind this is the residential grade unit however it will still pay for itself many times over, personally I would buy new and get the warranty, for the small price difference I think $500.00 is worth it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've just heard many good things about this mower.. thanks for your input, makes me feel even more confident into gettin this mower...

Steve's Lawn Care
03-22-2010, 07:39 AM
i owned a z425 about 3 years ago when i was only cutting a few yard. I bought it new.. for a residential mower it would be good. The controls were very smooth and it was stable on hill sides. I loved the engine it was pretty quiet and had more than enough power and was good on gas. However the machine just wouldnt cut tall or thick grass well and i found myself double and even triple cutting most parts of the lawns i cut with it. I think this was mainly because the blade speeds are set way lower on residentail equipment, this was the only problem with the mower.