PDA

View Full Version : Advertising methods

jklawncare
03-18-2010, 11:22 PM
We all know what really makes a company stand out is how often a potential client sees them or there logo, or hears about them..

Word of mouth probably is the number one way of getting yourself out there..but how do you get those few customers to start?

Thats what me and my partner have been thinking about the past few months
ans we decided we would advertise in many new creative ways and go beyond the standard
door hangers
and flyers
and business card stands..

We will not forget about those key advertising methods but thought..lets change it up a bit.

So we decided to put our logo and our cards where people would never expect them..just so they remember..
heres some of the ideas..
tell me what you think on them

Some are silly and serious but im sure theyll help us stick in a customers head.

Flyers
Postcards
Social Networking
Business Cards
T-shirts

now for the more creative

Rolling down a sheet or two of paper towel in a restroom,tape your flyer on a sheet,roll it back up

Same with business card on toilet paper?

My town has a huge brick wall at the corner of two of the towns major roads
so why not go to town hall and ask to hang a banner on it?
you can get them not to pricey at uprint etc..

Making Individual flyers for each business you hang them in
make one for gas stations,hair cutting places,gun stores,antique stores,restraunts.

theres more but now that i think about it im scared to try it..like the bathroom thing..would that just be an annoyance if you were a customer?

CHEESE2009
03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Rolling down a sheet or two of paper towel in a restroom,tape your flyer on a sheet,roll it back up

Same with business card on toilet paper?

Who are you, me? LOL

It might be a waste give or take, time consuming. You could just put a flyer on the wall instead, maybe?

I like your idea, putting ads in original places. It makes sense to me.

jklawncare
03-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Maybe on the back of a stall door or infront of there face on a urinal..haha

Taping a quick flyer to it wont be too time consuming..theres the ones around here that you just spin it or tear it..and if you spin it down you can roll it up..so spin tape roll

about 10 seconds you have a suprise for your next potential customer ahah
maybe even make a special flyer for the restrooms.
while your on the john, read me! ahhaha

jessechaveriat
03-18-2010, 11:54 PM
i wouldnt do the toilet paper thing. the last thing you want in a public pooper is a suprise when you are pulling on the toilet paper. id tape a flyer to the back of the stall door, at eye level. but then you might get a pervert calling you, looking for a good time......ya know....id just stay away from the bathroom.

jklawncare
03-19-2010, 12:02 AM
hahaha good point you have

i thought it would be a funny/creative idea
but i was also thinking if it would just be an annoyance

jessechaveriat
03-19-2010, 12:05 AM
it is a good idea....i just get freaked out in public bathrooms. id rather go in the woods! maybe you can hang a few flyers in the woods!

right now i think vistaprint is offering a free month on yellowbook.com
there website is a good deal too. free 1st month, and 10 bucks a month after.

jklawncare
03-19-2010, 12:11 AM
im not looking for any phonebook ads but thanks for the notice!

Maybe next year..im trying to keep a tight budget on advertisement..all the flyers i made..about 2500 cost 12 bucks

my tshirts were 15

the only thing ill really be paying for is business cards
but you can get those a a hellofaprice :D

Steve
03-19-2010, 03:55 PM
theres more but now that i think about it im scared to try it..like the bathroom thing..would that just be an annoyance if you were a customer?

I want to hear more of the ideas! You are on a roll! I like it!