PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling? Best way to do it?

Fresh Cut
03-17-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't have the money to shuck out to steve for the gopher software, but I need a method of scheduling that is efficient as possible.

I have a Blackberry Storm and the calendar on it isn't the best as far as recurring appointments. I set it to recur every 2 weeks during the growing season, but when it was time to change it to every 3 weeks for the off season it goofed on me. It set it to every 3 weeks from the initial start date which in turn threw off my calendar record of when I had done all my yards as well as messed up going forward from the date that I wanted to change my cut intervals.

ProCut TM
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I use iCal on my MAC it is a calendar you could use a google or yahoo calendar the same way.

also optimize your route for free with this link (http://www.viamente.com/viamente.asp?s=web-apps)

Have fun

adamsmowing88
03-17-2010, 10:19 PM
I usually go to office max and get one of those desk size calendars for 5 bucks and write all the appointments down for the season in the boxes on there. A lot of people down me for not keeping everything on a computer, but I am the one laughing in the end when their computer crashes and then OOPS! There went all my income and expenses for the year. Hell I even write in ledgers still. To hell with technology, I refuse to make to make all these cell phone and palm pilot guys richer. That works for me tho, you do whatever works for youl.

jklawncare
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Ill second on adams point of view
i do the same
I write it all down on one of those jumbo calenders under my keyboard.
I create a file on my external and internal hard drive so in case one crashes i can use the other for my quickbooks account.

In the beginning though when i didnt have quickbooks i simply made a folder..and ill try showing how i did it like this..

> is a new folder
.. is whats inside that folder
__________________________________________________ _______
>(your Name) Lawn Care
>Customer Care and Concerns
>Customer Questions
>customer Requests
>Service Agreements
>commercial
>residential
>Customer info and dues
>Information
>invoices
(ill just tell you the main folders from here..you can add on more or delete some and add subfolders however fits you..)
Employee Logging and Applications,Flyers & Advertisement,Letters,Ideas,Scheduled Dates,Work orders and recipts

I back everything up on the external and internal as i said before as well as by hand in a notebook and on the calender

hope this helps..
sorry i go into so much detail on all my posts..i cant help it..