PDA

View Full Version : Deep Root Fertilization

mortonslawn
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
What are your guy's thoughts about deep root fertilization? I have been told by other landscapers that it isn't done anymore (not very often). I believe we get enough rain, and granular fertilization would be good enough.

What's your opinions on this? I need help. Thank you in advance. ;)

Steve
03-17-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think I have seen any discussion about that on here. What got you thinking about that?

mortonslawn
03-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I was doing a bid, and the place required a deep root injection for their trees for fertilization. I don't provide that service, and many people told me that no one does that anymore. Fortunately, I found a comany here that does provide that service. I have never heard of that before - even as long as I've been working in the business. Weird!

Steve
03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
It would be fascinating to hire them as a subcontractor and then be there when they are working. Ask them a few questions on what they are doing and pick up some new tips.

I wonder how the customer even knew to ask for that?

mortonslawn
03-21-2010, 08:22 AM
The bid sheet was something that was old. I was told that no one does deep root injections anymore by plenty of landscapers. I was surprised that no one commented on this.

I had already planned on going to the site while they were there to see how it was done and ask questions, and see how this was done. I've never seen anyone do deep root injections. I also don't do irrigation, which I will do the same thing for that too. I was told it was easy. I'm sure lots of people on here do irrigation.

Always willing to learn something new. There is so much to learn out there. Just when you thought you knew enough, something else pops up!

Steve
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
That is great! Keep us posted on how it all goes and what you learn fro the experience!