PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Puke

CHEESE2009
03-16-2010, 01:46 PM
I was out from 6am till now (2:30pm)

I drove around all day handing out flyers & business cards.

I pulled up to every person on the street & handed them my envelope(flyer inside with card) with an extra card. I spent 10 minutes discussing with each person about my bid & what I can do for them.

I used, "This & that looks like it should be done, my offer is such & such. You have my card, you can call me later, there is no pressure"

The start of my day was funny... I had my Breeze shirt inside out :o

Took 3 potential customers to tell me that until I believed them.

I'm just blown away...

Everyone wants Breeze.

I am going to have so many enemies this year, you have no idea.

I am wiped out.

I need to hire, I need to hire now!

Damn teenagers man, them & their school. They get out of school in June right?

I didn't miss this stress, lol. :D

Steve
03-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Were you stopping at any houses at all?

Have you gotten signs on your vehicle yet?

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Were you stopping at any houses at all?

Not necessarily. I have a list of people who have had other companies. I matched their prices & my personal approach is what got them to want Breeze. Next year my price is going up. Though I profit with what I offer them now.

I don't think I will be handing out flyers to every door/street.

I thought I did pretty well just catching people enjoying the nice weather sitting outside of their homes. I was so surprised!

The best part of my day
I landed 6 clients on one street 5 blocks away from home. One of those clients got me 3 other clients on a street very close to my home.

One person I talked to said he didn't need anyone to do his lawn, but then he talked to two of his neighbors, BOOYA! Got em'

Have you gotten signs on your vehicle yet?

Not yet, it's actually annoying me. My sign would have helped me out big time yesterday. I'm sad, lol. I want my damn magnet!!!!

Anyway, so I got a few responses from people who would be interested in working, though they don't look as if they could handle it. This is stressing me out the most.

I don't want to hire people who don't go to school, because they might come out with their own lawn service & f' me over.

It's a nightmare. One kid wants to work with me, I hired him for the company I had previously worked for, & I had to fire him & the company didn't give me the money to pay him.

I still feel as if he thinks I owe him money, but it's not me who does & I had nothing to tell him, so I didn't answer any of his calls.

Anyway, other than that, I don't like his attitude. He would have been perfect, he lives right down my street lol... OH WELL.

I really need to find some punk... Though, I just know I'm going to lose my mind if I hear one of my mowers eating rocks.

This is going to be one crazy season. Damn...

I thought I would be where I am NEXT year, my clientele is ahead, but my resources aren't. Very tricky.

Dendith
03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't want to hire people who don't go to school, because they might come out with their own lawn service & f' me over.

Is it not normal for lawn care companies to have new employee's sign a no compete? Say for like a 25 miles radius and for 2-5 years?

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Is it not normal for lawn care companies to have new employee's sign a no compete? Say for like a 25 miles radius and for 2-5 years?

It's easier to just make their life a living hell, to the point they wouldn't want to start their own business. Lol.

Gotta always criticize. Always. Then tell them you appreciate their work, so they stick around. Good cop, bad cop.

They will stay with me hopefully because we have short hours, & receive good pay... It's like being in a bad relationship but with great sex. You can't leave.

I want my assistants to be the best, they just can't hear it from me.

I had a guy ask me how much it took out of me to get where I am today. I told him it's torture, expensive, stay in school.

I'll hire someone without a license.

LOL. I am a bad man.

http://pandasthumb.org/Dr.%20Evil%20copy.JPG

Steve
03-17-2010, 06:30 PM
I landed 6 clients on one street 5 blocks away from home. One of those clients got me 3 other clients on a street very close to my home.

This is quite amazing.

For those trying to re-create this in their area, are you simply driving down a street, if you see someone outside their house, you just stop and talk to them?

If you see someone just walking down the street you stop and talk to them?

Or is there more to it?

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
This is quite amazing.

For those trying to re-create this in their area, are you simply driving down a street, if you see someone outside their house, you just stop and talk to them?

Or is there more to it?

I basically drive onto a street & there is always someone with their garage door open, working on a summer project.

There is always someone watching their kids from their driveway as the kids bike around.

There is always someone sitting on their porch.

Always someone just getting home from work.

I lied, this isn't always... I just got lucky!

I did go through an entire tank of gas driving around aimlessly for the day, but it sure helped.

I picked up a few clients today also, I'm on a role!

My ford has no magnet yet... though it's expensive looking. I wear my Breeze shirt, my hat is at some girls house...

I see a potential client, I pull up near by... I get an envelope ready, along with a business card.

I leave my truck & hand them my materials & give them a heads up on what my offer is.

THOUGH, before I hand them my material. I say things to lighten up the mood.

"Not bad weather huh? Just wait, I hear we're getting some flurries next week! Hahaha"

"I'm with Breeze lawn service & I thought you would be interested in our offer, I'll go over it with you right now if you'd like, the last person I spoke to almost hired someone else because she didn't know lawn maintenance meant lawn cutting, I had to explain to her lawn maintenance was lawn cutting"

Bla bla bla...

"So you have my card, feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. I have to get going now, I just got a call from *street name* & don't wanna keep the man waiting. Have a great day, summer will be here soon!"

justin_time
03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I see the future ;)

Just in Time for Breeze Lawn care HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just kidding, good luck buddy !

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I see the future ;)

Just in Time for Breeze Lawn care HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just kidding, good luck buddy !

That would be a golden future. For sure!

Imagine if everyone shared the same name? We'd be #1 everywhere.

A website with a list of #'s for areas we service...

How incredible would that be.

The lawn service guild. Damn... :D

http://ideologyofmadness.spookyouthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Knights-at-the-Round-Table.jpg

That would be too cool, kinda like a franchise. Our popularity would skyrocket.

justin_time
03-17-2010, 11:21 PM
That would be too cool, kinda like a franchise. Our popularity would skyrocket.

Shhhh don't tell everybody our plans :eek: Way to go, you've ruined it ! :(

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 11:43 PM
Shhhh don't tell everybody our plans :eek: Way to go, you've ruined it ! :(

LMAO, oops!

I'd lie and say, "Well it's Saint Patrick's Day & I'm drunk" but I've done nothing but advertise.

I had a little back seat action in the truck, most likely the worst place to park it too. I love making new friends.

I don't have handcuffs, but trimmer cord outta do just fine! LMAO... I'm gonna use that line one day.

MikeO
03-18-2010, 06:14 AM
What kind of lawn Service packages have you guys done in the past that has worked pretty well? Or do you not do that?

picframer
03-18-2010, 06:22 AM
This is quite amazing.

Or is there more to it?

Once again this year for us the number one tool in getting new clients is our "We were driving by and noticed you may be interested in our xxxx service" at the moment we are only handing out the wood cutting/chipping and driveway grading however it has been leading to a 80%+ response rate and the chance to talk to prospects about other services.

We are still a few weeks away from being able to do landscaping and spraying but we now have more than enough work to take us into late April, this is a relief as I have to keep the guys busy and it's good to have the gear working and bringing in cash.

CHEESE2009
03-18-2010, 06:45 AM
I decided to try out craigslist.com again, I just love all the spam I had gotten last year, mind as well enjoy some more!

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/breeze2009/CraigslistAd.jpg

^ my ad

CHEESE2009
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
So I dethatched my lawn, just so I could mellow out a bit.

I see saw the mailman go down my street and make his way back up.

I was hoping I would get my truck magnet...

Wrong.. I just get a handful of lawn service flyers.

The mailman: "Everything ok?"

Scott: "Competition..."

I have an entire wall plastered with my competitions flyers/cards.

I need to go buy some darts.

Anyway, the good news is, my lawn looks the best on the block.

The regular home owner doesn't have the cool gear I do. Suckers.

I'm gonna go sit on the can & come up with some ideas to gain more customers.

CHEESE2009
03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Things are better.

I went for a long walk.. Right before I went home I saw a lady raking her lawn.

Anyway, to make a long story short... She & her 2 neighbors hired me for this season.

Guys... I feel as if I'm getting too lucky here?!?!

I'm kicking butt!!!! I love this!!!!!

Steve
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Guys... I feel as if I'm getting too lucky here?!?!

What's that old saying 'the harder I work, the luckier I got?'

This will be the year of BREEZE!