PDA

View Full Version : My spring 2010 flyer

justin_time
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Here's a little taste of what my flyer is going to look like

And yes, I do have my phone number, it's currently not showing on the bottom of the page with my logo.. not sure why

http://www.jitys.ca/flyer.pdf

CHEESE2009
03-16-2010, 12:17 AM
I have to admit, that is probably the coolest flyer I have ever seen.

It really pops out & looks great!

justin_time
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Here's a better picture. You can see the bottom part I was talking about

http://www.jitys.ca/flyer.jpg

walkerlawncare09
03-16-2010, 04:21 PM
is that supposed to be Detatching...or Dethatching?

awesome flyer tho

justin_time
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
is that supposed to be Detatching...or Dethatching?

awesome flyer tho

Damn good question, I never knew the correct spelling for that word lol. I don't know if there's a different spelling for Canada and U.S.A.

I can always fix this before it goes for printing

Steve
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Justin, that is a killer flyer headline! I like it!

How will you be distributing them this year?

justin_time
03-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Justin, that is a killer flyer headline! I like it!

How will you be distributing them this year?

Mailbox as usual through Canada Post in 4 small towns

and I will be inserting my flyer in the next paper which is May/June

I will have to print about 2x since I am trying to put my name out there

I will have this flyer printed on green paper to make it stand out even more.

Hopefully it will work :)

And we'll see if the Facebook marketing works or not

Steve
03-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Have you been getting much feedback at all from people on facebook? Or no?

justin_time
03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Have you been getting much feedback at all from people on facebook? Or no?

Yeah i seem to get a lot of feedback during the summer time when I do change my business page status. I usually don't post during winter since I don't operate so I can't tell how much interaction I will have after having a dormant Facebook page for 6 months but I'm starting to post again so we'll see how advertising Facebook goes. It is my 1st time advertising Facebook page on anything.

CHEESE2009
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Dethatching

Not that I knew, but I did 10 minutes of research. That is the final answer.

"You have a thatch buildup"

"Can you dethatch my lawn good sir?"

lmao

justin_time
03-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Dethatching

Not that I knew, but I did 10 minutes of research. That is the final answer.

"You have a thatch buildup"

"Can you dethatch my lawn good sir?"

lmao

Yeah I figured it out also, i just didn't feel like posting a new picture of the new version of the flyer lol

lawn mowering
03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Do you have a editable version? and will you post it?

justin_time
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/jitys/P1010032.jpg

CHEESE2009
04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
That flyer is SEXY!

I would hire you to do my lawn if I saw a flyer like that! Ba-BAM!

Looks fantastic man! Congratulations!!!

Steve
04-08-2010, 05:58 AM
I agree! Great job on the flyer. How will you be distributing these? What's the plan?

justin_time
04-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks guys, my buddy is a graphic designer. Only took him couple of hours to do this design

The color of the paper is called golden rod.

I will be sending those out tomorrow through the mailboxes, i have 1700 of them.

I will also be sending them as a newspaper insert as of May 1st when the paper comes out.

So my name will be out there this year, I am going to go post some phone tabs in all the businesses around here.

Steve
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Excellent! Keep us posted on how it turns out. Also, if your friend wants to offer his flyer design services on here, he can.

cleancutlawncare5382
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Great looking flyer. Could anyone help a new guy? I would like to send flyers to a few targeted neighborhoods, how do I get the addresses in my area?
Thanks

Steve
04-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Why not hand deliver them? It may take a little more time but you really increase your chance to add new customers. The more people you talk to, the better your chances are of signing them up.

What's your view on doing that?

cleancutlawncare5382
04-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Good idea , Thanks Steve. I will print up flyers tonight to pass out Saturday.

justin_time
04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
It's cheaper my way, i pay 12 cents a flyer. It goes directly in the mailbox, and I don't have to drive to everybody's door. It would take forever to distribute them over here. It may be a small population town but there's lots of space in between houses so yeah. I think it's better this way. There's 1700 in the mail Monday, and 1300 in the paper May 1st.. so if people miss it through the mail they'll see it again in the paper :)

CHEESE2009
04-08-2010, 06:24 PM
It's cheaper my way, i pay 12 cents a flyer. It goes directly in the mailbox, and I don't have to drive to everybody's door. It would take forever to distribute them over here. It may be a small population town but there's lots of space in between houses so yeah. I think it's better this way. There's 1700 in the mail Monday, and 1300 in the paper May 1st.. so if people miss it through the mail they'll see it again in the paper :)

Are you using direct mail or something? Give me info brotherrrr!

I think it's a wise idea to have someone else hand out the flyers, though maybe for the inner part of your town you should hand deliver them.

I have delivered my flyers without seeing a potential client & received no calls, though when I do a second pass & actually greet them, they are more interested & usually want me to go into detail.

I suppose mixing the way you give out your flyers would increase your chances? Perhaps???

ORRRRRRRR You could put a bit of crack & MSG on the flyers, customers will be addicted to your ad for sure!

Steve
04-09-2010, 06:16 AM
You could put a bit of crack & MSG on the flyers

LOL

http://www.rsmercury.com/images/08.28.2008NoMSG.jpg

justin_time
04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Are you using direct mail or something? Give me info brotherrrr!

I think it's a wise idea to have someone else hand out the flyers, though maybe for the inner part of your town you should hand deliver them.

I have delivered my flyers without seeing a potential client & received no calls, though when I do a second pass & actually greet them, they are more interested & usually want me to go into detail.

I suppose mixing the way you give out your flyers would increase your chances? Perhaps???

ORRRRRRRR You could put a bit of crack & MSG on the flyers, customers will be addicted to your ad for sure!

Nope, we are too small to have direct mailing, maybe in your area it's available. I just go to the Post Office, I want to send flyers to this town (I have 4 small towns) and they give you an approximate amount of flyers which was 1700 for me. I'd rather spend 12 cents on a flyer than $20 of gas trying to distribute them all over town