PDA

View Full Version : How are my prices and my ad. Criticism Welcome!

adrianriggs
03-15-2010, 09:23 AM
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-services-cleaners-cleaning-Best-Rates-on-Lawn-Service-and-Maintenance-Basic-550-season-W0QQAdIdZ191553215

http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-services-other-Professional-Aeration-Services-starting-at-40-519-208-1456-W0QQAdIdZ191558050

Thanks for any and all help folks!

Adrian

Best Rates on Lawn Service and Maintenance. Basic $550/season!

Best rates on Full Service lawn maintenance in the K/W area.

* Basic lawn cutting starts at $550/season (mowing, trimming and removing clippings from sidewalk and driveway)

* Lawn patching, fertilization and seeding start at $60 per visit or a package deal for 4 visits in the season staring at $200

* Aerating starts at $40

* Complete lawn cutting/trimming, maintenance,fertilization, aerating and spring/fall clean up starting at $1000 for the entire season. (That's only approx. $165/month!)

* Mulching, Thatching, Gutter cleaning, Pressure washing and other Touch-Up services available at an extra charge.

Call for a free quote for your commercial or residential properties.

Come on board with me and I will make your grass look beautiful ALL season. I can take your lawn from the ugly duckling to a prize of your street.
Sign up for the season of lawn cutting/trimming starting at only $550 and I visit your property every 10-11 days!

All brand new equipment, very professional and satisfaction guaranteed! We use only the best and safest products for your lawn. All fertilizer is safe for kids and animals to play on right away.

Aerating will ONLY be done for one week at the end of MAY once the ground is a bit drier. Book your spot now!

Professional Aeration Services starting at $40

I am offering aeration services in the K-W area. Please call me to book your appointment to have your lawn professionally aerated starting at the low cost of only $40 (Front/Back Lawn). Help your lawn breath again and let it flourish! Combine this with my very inexpensive lawn patching, fertilization and seeding package for the best your lawn can look. I also do mowing and trimming, I am your full service one stop Yard professional.

For lawn patching, fertilization and seeding I will visit your property and apply top end organic products that are safe for your children and animals to play on immediately 4 times during the season!

All brand new equipment, very professional, honest and satisfaction guaranteed! We use only the best and safest products for your lawn. All fertilizer is safe for kids and animals to play on right away.

Do not get fooled by guys with tiny aerators wanting to do the job just a bit cheaper. Get top results with a professional job!

Call Adrian for you quote today, no hidden fees just what I quote and that's it. - 519-208-1456

10% Discount if prepaid at time of quote.
I will beat ANY professional quote so call me first and save your time!

llpp
03-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Check the spelling in ad,, you missed a few ,but looks good, i find kiijji isn't very good for this,but my rock business did very well last year from it.

adrianriggs
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Check the spelling in ad,, you missed a few ,but looks good, i find kiijji isn't very good for this,but my rock business did very well last year from it.

Hey thanks man. I got a lot of response for my snow removal from Kijiji so thought I would give it a shot. The ads have a bit of work still to come but I need business cards and the whole bit still as well. I'm more interested in the prices I think there low enough to attract customers but still enough room for me to make a bit of money and get my name out there. I'll be calling all of my snow removal customers to pitch them lawn services as well.

Do any of you guys offer a flat rate for a complete package for 12 months including snow removal... if so could you enlighten me on all the services you offer and how not to get trapped by a home owner thinking they get you at their beck and call.

thanks guys this is a great resource!

Steve
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
A little while back we talked about pricing.

Especially when it comes to big prices, like you are posting for a season's work.

It seems it's always better to post the lowest price. Say for instance per cut than it is to post a big price like per season.

Big prices tend to scare customers.

But you may also find not posting prices to be the best solution. Ideally you would rather make the sale in person than try to rely on an ad to make the sale.

When you do it in person, you can potentially command a higher price.

cklandscapingorlando
03-15-2010, 05:22 PM
That price scared me it it done even seem high. Use your absolute lowiest price. And whipper snipper dont sound right. Call it weed eating or line trimming or something like that

ritchiem
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
What the heck is 'whipper snipping' (insert sarcasm here)...sounds like your about to neuter something. Call it line trimming or simply trimming.

And your last statement in the ad...sounds like you are not calling yourself a professional...and the last sentence makes no sense at all, even for me.

All in all it is a good ad for kijiji and you should receive some response from it with those prices. And I don't think they are high at all, perhaps a bit low IMO. I could never go that low for lawn care. My minimum for 26 mows is $910.00...but I also live in a different market.

And why only mow 10-11 days? That would be a scheduling nightmare for me...how does this work for you?

MikeO
03-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I will beat ANY professional quote, call me first, or last you'll chose me!

I don't know what that means either.LOL. I like your ad sounds good to me.
any calls off of it yet?

adrianriggs
03-15-2010, 07:51 PM
And why only mow 10-11 days? That would be a scheduling nightmare for me...how does this work for you?

Well I thought once a week was too much and roughly 3 visits a month was right. How often do you guys go under contract. Clients I find through some questions wih a few perspective clients is they would want me out there 3 times a month.

Great feedback guys keep it up I think your right Steve I might try to sell in person... I do have that great East Coast Charm. LOL I'll get rid of whipper snipping and make it trimming it does sound better, just what i'm used to calling it.

The last line was meant to mean... Whether you call me first or I'm the last person you call for a quote. You'll end up picking me. Meaning don't even waste your time looking around call me for the best quote. I guess it was a little off. kinda sounds ****y to me now that I look back on it. I'll be reviewing it.

Jack Rabbit
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
I'd just say, "I will beat ANY professional quote so just call me first."

One ad says aerating starts at $40 and the other says $50.

adrianriggs
03-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I'd just say, "I will beat ANY professional quote so just call me first."

One ad says aerating starts at $40 and the other says $50.

Thanks Jack. Fixed and Fixed!

Appreciate it!

cklandscapingorlando
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Good to see someone who is openminded about there promo work. All to often guy's ask for help then fight tooth and nail against the guy's trying to help them. Good deal man

adrianriggs
03-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Good to see someone who is openminded about there promo work. All to often guy's ask for help then fight tooth and nail against the guy's trying to help them. Good deal man

Thanks, I know when I dont know. LOL I am open to any and all suggestions. I know me I want to know all the prices when I'm looking for services online. To do a comparison I will also post a second ad with no prices just something that says I will beat ANY professional quote, call me first. Like Jack rabbit said. I will try this and see what brings me more estimates!

Thanks again folks best to ya'll in the new season.

jasonw
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
What the heck is 'whipper snipping' (insert sarcasm here)...sounds like your about to neuter something. Call it line trimming or simply trimming.

And your last statement in the ad...sounds like you are not calling yourself a professional...and the last sentence makes no sense at all, even for me.

All in all it is a good ad for kijiji and you should receive some response from it with those prices. And I don't think they are high at all, perhaps a bit low IMO. I could never go that low for lawn care. My minimum for 26 mows is $910.00...but I also live in a different market.

Them Whipper Snippers think they know it all, why I tell ya I walked up hill in the snow both ways to mow lawns in my days.

MikeO
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
And I was even barefoot