PDA

View Full Version : Sulky

jklawncare
03-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Hello everyone i was planning on getting a walk behind mower instead of a zero turn..most homes im servicing arent that large so until i move up into the bigger homes i was planning on using this and a standard 21 mower as a secondary for tighter spots

I was planning on getting a sulky for the mower but i was unsure if i should get a one or two wheel

seems to me a one wheel would cause ruts or tear up the lawn but i have no expierience with them so i honestly have no idea..its just a thought..so if anyone can give me some insight onto my decision i would greatly appreciate it
Thank you

mortonslawn
03-15-2010, 04:59 AM
I have a sulke wheel (single wheel). It's awesome! The only way you would put ruts in a lawn is if you're cutting grass and it's too wet to be cut. This would cause grass to build up around the wheel and cause it to stop moving, thus putting ruts in the lawn.

The two wheel sulke, I personally don't like. It wiggles too much and you're never getting a smooth ride. I like the single wheel better. Good luck in your decision.

Steve
03-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Which do you feel you might go with?

jklawncare
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
probably a one wheel..it dosnt get we here over summer at all so i dont think ill have any problems and it seems like it would be easier to handle like mortonslawn said..

Unless anyone has a strong argument against one wheels ill probably end up getting one