PDA

View Full Version : insurance question

wscoolridge
03-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Been crunching the numbers to see if I can swing a lawn care business.
So far so good, went to speak with my ins. agent today to get a quote for
business ins.
Agent tells me he cant even consider me without at least 3 yrs experience. So my question is how does a new guy get started legally if no one will cover them?

FloridaBoy
03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Time to find another agent, lol. atleast for your business needs.

Down here in florida, for just liability 1,000,000 it runs about $700 a year.
Ins. for equipment depends on how much you need to insure.

picframer
03-13-2010, 04:17 AM
business ins.
Agent tells me he cant even consider me without at least 3 yrs experience. So my question is how does a new guy get started legally if no one will cover them?

Find another insurance broker, what he told you may be correct for the underwriter they use but that is not an industry standard, you can get insurance.

wscoolridge
03-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey thanks for the responses, I kinda thought that was the case, my insurance company is Nationwide. So I went online and typed in small business insurance+Delaware and came up with about 10 or more local insurance companies, the majority of them being Allstate, guess I be heading to Allstate on Monday!

Thanks Again

Edmir
03-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Hey thanks for the responses, I kinda thought that was the case, my insurance company is Nationwide. So I went online and typed in small business insurance+Delaware and came up with about 10 or more local insurance companies, the majority of them being Allstate, guess I be heading to Allstate on Monday!

Thanks Again

AllState Suck. I will never do business with them. I sued them 5 years ago and got a nice settelment from them.

wscoolridge
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Hey thanks for the heads up on Allstate, being my first year at this any problems I can avoid in the beginning, will only make things better down the road.

While I'm on the subject, if there's anyone on the forums who operates in the state of Delaware and can point me in the right direction as far as a good company to be insured with, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Steve
03-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as far as insurance companies go?

ProCut TM
03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
auto owners insurance (http://www.auto-owners.com/) is who I use
1 million in liability for $478 a year for me

Edmir
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
business ins.

I never had any problems getting coverage. I started my Mowing Business three years ago, and I didn't have a hard time getting coverage. Insurance companies all they want is money. I have Erie Insurance for my business. I only have liability insurance. My car is covered by Farm Bureau insurance, where I get a better deal, since I have my home insurance with them, my life insurance, and my bike insurance. AllState isn't a good insurance company, they have gotten sued in Georgia, and Florida, back in 2004 for bad faith claims. That's why I wouldn't go with AllState. I am going by my personal experience.

Edmir
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Hey thanks for the heads up on Allstate, being my first year at this any problems I can avoid in the beginning, will only make things better down the road.

While I'm on the subject, if there's anyone on the forums who operates in the state of Delaware and can point me in the right direction as far as a good company to be insured with, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

I operate in Tennessee, so honestly I wouldn't know how to help you in the state of Delaware. Be careful though when you select coverage for your business. You should be able to find a nice insurance company, all they want is money, and you have seen the adds in tv about insurance companies, they are hurting for more business. You might be able to negotiate with them. I only have liability insurance and I pay $82 every three months for a coverage of up to $600,000. My equipment is paied off. So I just needed insurance in case I broke someones window with my weedeater. Best of luck to you.