PDA

View Full Version : Gutters and Mulch?

Recyellow
03-11-2010, 09:43 AM
How do you guys price cleaning out gutters, is there a linear foot price?
Also, what about re-applying mulch, is there a square foot price for installing that?
I usually just mow, but looking to do some other things and dont want to bid too cheap!

racerdude711
03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
For gutters, I'm not sure what would be a good way to estimate, but for the mulch, I charge $75 per sq. yd. installed. I no that some gutters might now look like much work, but can become a pain if they are more packed than you originally thought.

Steve
03-12-2010, 03:11 AM
The gutter pricing can vary based on how high up they are but we have seen in general, members shoot for $1 per ft.

There is also a business calculator (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) online that can help you with your gutter estimates.

picframer
03-12-2010, 03:29 AM
How do you guys price cleaning out gutters, is there a linear foot price?
Also, what about re-applying mulch, is there a square foot price for installing that?
I usually just mow, but looking to do some other things and dont want to bid too cheap!

What we do for mulch is calculate the required amount in cubic yards, add 20 year landscaping fabric cost, use the consumer price (we get a 35% discount from the supplier however I do not pass this on) and double it. For example if the consumer cost for materials was $300.00 we would charge $600.00, my cost for materials is actually $ 195.00

Now what I do is get tractor trailer loads and have it dumped on my property for small jobs as trucking here is pretty expensive, a 3 ton delivery is close to $85.00, I can haul up to 5 cubic yards with a dump trailer we have, I charge the $85.00 delivery and generally speaking I make a 50% profit on that alone.

Gutters are generally $0.60 to $1.00 per foot, depends on how bad they are and how high up they are, if its a two story house, then $1.00 per foot, min is $45.00