PDA

View Full Version : Hey whats going on Everybody

Danny Boy
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
JUst wanted to say hi..I am from New Jersey..I am a owner of a Landscaping and Building Maintenance Company in Central NJ..

Steve
03-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi Danny,

Welcome to our forum!

What initially got you to start your business?

Danny Boy
03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Well i got started by doing landscaping for a buch of doctors after they built these million doller homes on this one street up the road from me and i started with one docter and i have about 10 docters and lots of work on these 8 acres estates...

turfmaster
03-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Well i got started by doing landscaping for a buch of doctors after they built these million doller homes on this one street up the road from me and i started with one docter and i have about 10 docters and lots of work on these 8 acres estates...

Now that's the kind of accounts I like. Once you get inside that circle life is good. Now just bust azz to stay in it.
Good Luck to ya there Danny Boy! :D

Steve
03-13-2010, 01:47 PM
What kinds of business lessons do you feel you have learned that you wish you knew when you first got started?

turfmaster
03-14-2010, 01:21 AM
What kinds of business lessons do you feel you have learned that you wish you knew when you first got started?

Talk to your customers, be personable , build good relationships and be accessible.

The larger companies drill time time time into their employees.

While time on the job is important I don't rush like hell from job to job especially if I have contact with a customer. That extra 5 or 10 minutes you spend talking to the client builds relationships. My employees are trained to be friendly and accessible to customers. Your customers are your livelyhood so make them that way and you will keep them year after year .

Steve
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Do you ever hear feedback from your customers on this difference?

turfmaster
03-15-2010, 01:19 AM
Do you ever hear feedback from your customers on this difference?

Yes I have heard from some of them that they like our friendly approachable style.

By the way this also sells other services.

jklawncare
03-15-2010, 03:33 AM
sounds like you cut a big break in the beginning..was it hard to maintain?

Also how did you get all the doctors?
Did they talk to one another or did you advertise?
Im just kinda curious..trying to figure some stuff out..its my second season and im still getting started due to starting very late in the season last year..

This year is a whole new turn around though..i can feel it :D

~Good Luck!~